• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

winamp sync help pease

you NEED to download winamp 5.59 beta on your PC...

i don't think you can get it from winamps webpage i got it from Betanews.

once you do that, go to portables on the left pane.

make sure your wifi is on your phone

you SHOULD see your phone... click on it and it will try to connect

on your desire hit acccept

go back to your winamp on PC click on connect and then it should work fine and auto connect whenever you connect wifi

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0

go back to your winamp on PC click on connect and then it should work fine and auto connect whenever you connect wifi

Thanks for this. Thought mine was the latest as I only updated yesterday. It was from their site though. I'll try betanews when I am next at my pc

Upvote 0

Hi again

Just got round to doing this. Does the PC have to be on wifi to? My PC is hard wired into m router. Its not working so I imagine that this is the issue?

Upvote 0
Your PC does NOT have to have wifi. However, it must be on the same network as the phone. So they need to be connected to the same router. If your PC is connected via Ethernet to your router, and your phone connects to that same router via wifi, than it should work fine.

they are on the same network but the PC does not see the phone under devices. Windows XP home via Ethernet to router.

Upvote 0
Your PC does NOT have to have wifi. However, it must be on the same network as the phone. So they need to be connected to the same router. If your PC is connected via Ethernet to your router, and your phone connects to that same router via wifi, than it should work fine.

This is true. My PC is hardwired and my phone is connected via WiFi to the same router. I have no issues WiFi Syncing my Winamp to my phone.

Upvote 0
I want to set up wifi sync for winamp but i cant figure out how to send the pairing message to my phone.

Ive downloaded winamp for android on my Incredible and I have the newest winamp for windows, 5.6.

My phone and memory card are discovered and immediately attached when I plug in the usb. I do not see an option to connect with wifi or to send the pairing message to my phone. Where the button should be it just says sync. I thought it was not supposed to attach until I choose the option.

I would love some help

Upvote 0
I do not see an option to connect with wifi or to send the pairing message to my phone.

Ensure that your handset isn't connected via USB
Open the Winamp app on your handset
Check Menu/Settings and check Enable wireless sync.
Select Devices in the Winamp Media Library tab on the PC
Click the Discover button at the bottom of the Devices pane

It took a bit of trial and error to get it working for me. From other users' comments it definitely seems to help if you've previously attached via USB before attempting to do so via wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones