1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Windows 7 formating/ loading photos question

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Photo guy, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Photo guy

Photo guy Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    I operate a photo service selling pictures on cd. I want to dump cd's and start using micro sd cards. I want customers to be able to put the card in their phone and view/access/share photos.

Employees need to be able to format and load cards from windows 7. Can this be done without having to put the card in a phone and format on the phone? Could this also be done for an Iphone?

thanks

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Hi Photo guy welcome to Android Forums. :)

Photo CD? I think photos stored on optical media are very much going away. So your business model probably will have to change.

Not all phones take SD cards, e.g. Google Nexus phones. Some people might transfer pictures to and from their phones, cameras and PCs via WiFi or Bluetooth. So you might have to look into these options as well. Myself, I use WiFi to transfer pics between the phone and computer, and don't usually remove the SD from the phone.

The iPhone doesn't take SD cards directly, people have to use an optional extra dock or lightning port SD card reader for that.

3. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Any PC with a card reader would be able to format an SD card and add files to it. You can buy USB card readers for pennies if your computers don't have them.

Note that there are various different sizes of SD card and - I believe - different formatting options. Might be worth checking with your customers which size SD card they want and how they would like it formatted (with some sensible defaults ;))