1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Windows 7 Phone will never beat out Android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bmckenzie90, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Bnice

Bnice Guest

So a menu button is going to take down Android,I really think your just on here to talk crap.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Please re read lunatic's post again. Android isnt just on Verizon. All the Android market share didnt just come from Verizon. If you mean Android will not continue to grow on Verizon, maybe. Time will tell. If you mean more ppl will pick the iPhone or WP7 over Android on Verizon, maybe. Time will tell.

I dont understand why ppl think the iPhone coming to Verizon will destroy Android on the other carriers too. lol There are other carriers out there with Android. I seen an ad for an Android phone on Boost Mobile....

And rebates and no other choices is the only reason ppl pick Android on Verizon? It has nothing to do with decent hardware and a decent OS? Ppl still pick Blackberries & Win Mo too. Go check out some Win Mo and Blackberry forums...

I see someone true colors shining thru....

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

Yup. Granted, it's for the Intercept. Albeit it being a shitty phone in general, it's still Android. Cheap carrier, cheap phone. I think the Intercept suits Boost quite well, actually.

Same concept for the iPhone. Over priced carrier providing an average service, that has an over priced phone that has just above average performance.

4. because there are much more people on verizon that it makes a big difference

5. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

That's not "the best" though! God forbid daddy's little princess settle for a $100 featurephone.

IOWA likes this.
  6. conor.in

Subscribers (in millions):
    Verizon: 93.2
    AT&T: 92.8
    Sprint: 48.2
    T-Mobile: 33.6

Looks like AT&T is a 92.8-million person flaw in your argument.

7. the best sellers for android are on verizon

8. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Member

I'm coming fro. iOS from September. I will admit, there is no limit to what Android can do. I'm a Microsoft fan, and Google has won me over with their OS.

9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Please remember that all users of the forums are entitled to their own opinions.

Light Speed1 - Please remember that this is ANDROID forums. You are also entitled to your own opinion and are welcome to stay on the forums but PLEASE try to HELPFULLY contribute.

Now... having not read through the entire thread... I could care less if you (meaning anyone who may read this) want an iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian, Android, WinMo or dumbphone. Personally, I've owned a numerous amount of phone and I have chosen to go with ANDROID because that is what I PERSONALLY prefer. There are no amount of statistics that could change what I LIKE and DISLIKE about there different operating systems. :)

DaSchmarotzer, Johnny Alien and jroc like this.
  10. Thefoodman52

11. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

[​IMG]

12. Thefoodman52

It's not fair... Kelmar can just delete any posts he wants to... =(

13. conor.in

That's an entirely different argument than how many subscribers a given service has. AT&T effectively equals VZW's user base. Nice try, though.

14. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Yeah see that fancy red thing under his name? That gives him post veto rights.

He just put a filibuster on your posts! (and mine! :( )

15. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Perhaps ... but only in the U.S.

If you can't see the market beyond your trailer park*, then perhaps you should broaden your horizons.

*Cheap shot in the hope that it is something you will understand.

16. Thefoodman52

I wanna impeach Kelmar. Viva la bacon!-- or... revolution... whatever. I'm gonna go get a burger.

17. lunatic59

A peach bacon burger? As long as it's breaded and deep fried, pick me up one while you're at it.

18. its not an entirely different argument. we are talking about the affect of a verizon iphone. im saying it would affect android much more than an iphone on other networks because a majority of androids marketshare are from verizon subscribers

19. conor.in

No we're talking about how many subscribers they have.

20. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Hey now... let's see if I ever move your threads back for you :p

Better bring a burger for the rest of us!!!

Crap... and now we've gone waaaaaay off topic. :(

21. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert

Many of the Win 7 phones has way too many limitations, my local Telus guys has been testing around with it and one guy i know that works with Telus said he still prefers Android. As far as he said, no custom ringtones, no sdcard expansion on some of them, and the UI is bland.

For some people it's nothing to write home about.

22. Thefoodman52

[​IMG]

Ya'll can't have none.

23. lunatic59

[​IMG]

Ditto

24. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Rule #1 of a Troll: If you get proven wrong, try and make the argument seem like you were really getting at something else.

Man.. what's that smell every time I walk into this thread...

25. conor.in

Massive craving for these now... Don't even know why.

[​IMG]