• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows 7 sync issue

Joehunni

Android Expert
May 27, 2010
Texas
Okay I've been trying to re-root or even run an RUU and have been failing and I think I've figured out why finally. I opened up Htc sync with my phone plugged in an it cant find the phone? Im using a Windows 7 machine and have heard there are issues with this but cant find the solution. Im assuming it has sonething to do with the drivers seeing as sync doesnt recognize the device, any advice?

Okay thanks for the help, I dont really know what to do with this though, is it something you download to the phone or the pc itself, and what exactly do you with it from there? I appreciate the help I'm just not familiar with what this does.
Download and install it on your computer. PdaNet has the drivers to let Windows 7 communicate with your phone via USB. I think there is an app to install on your phone if you want to use this app for tethering, but I just use Wireless Tether for that and just use PdaNet on my computer for the drivers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones