1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Windows Media Player 12 syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AlexNC, Jun 1, 2010.

1. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    FYI -

Up until now I wasn't having any luck syncing my Incredible with Windows Media Player 12. I ended up renaming my folder structure and it made WMP12 see the Incredible's media. By default, the Incredible makes a folder on the internal 8GB drive called MP3. Originally I put all my music in this folder. But when it was in there, WMP12 could not see it. I ended up creating the following folder structure, and it now syncs correctly. I think the main thing is to have a folder named 'music', not 'MP3'.

F:\media\audio\music

Now my next step is to try and figure out how to sync my home computers music from any Windows 7 / WMP12 computer. I would like to plug my Incredible into my Windows 7 computer at work, and sync my home computers media data. I read that you can stream music from your home computer this way (WMP12 feature), so I am assuming there may be a way to sync it too. I'll let you know what I find. Let me know if you find out first. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    well, shit. I wasn't able to get my Incredible synced with Windows 7/WMP12 at home. Weird that it works on my work pc, but not my home pc. Any suggestions?