• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows Media Player 12 syncing

AlexNC

Apr 9, 2010
FYI -

Up until now I wasn't having any luck syncing my Incredible with Windows Media Player 12. I ended up renaming my folder structure and it made WMP12 see the Incredible's media. By default, the Incredible makes a folder on the internal 8GB drive called MP3. Originally I put all my music in this folder. But when it was in there, WMP12 could not see it. I ended up creating the following folder structure, and it now syncs correctly. I think the main thing is to have a folder named 'music', not 'MP3'.

F:\media\audio\music

Now my next step is to try and figure out how to sync my home computers music from any Windows 7 / WMP12 computer. I would like to plug my Incredible into my Windows 7 computer at work, and sync my home computers media data. I read that you can stream music from your home computer this way (WMP12 feature), so I am assuming there may be a way to sync it too. I'll let you know what I find. Let me know if you find out first. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones