• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows Media Player

lagard

Lurker
Sep 17, 2009
Hello. I'm new here! On internet there are many streams like mms:// To see and hear this video i need a plugin or a browser that can play Windows Media Player format... on my HTC HERO android mobile.

Do you know about a browser or a plugin, application i can use for this? :)

I was trying to listen to the Chiefs home opener on 101 the Fox Suday. I too had MMS links. Could not get them to work at all on my MyTouch. I had to use a Windows Mobile (Dash) to listen to the game. When I typed in the MMS to the browser, it automatically opened Windows Media on the Dash and worked beautifully. Does anyone know of an app that will play Windows Media files????

Upvote 0
I totally agree that this is a top app that should be made available. I just bought a HTC Droid Eris from Verizon. I spent days trying to find a app that can listen to my favorite radio station oversea and there is no such apps at this moment. I used to do that on my Ipod Touch through Wunderradio. Can someone please...

Upvote 0
After another nigth of trying, I have finally found a way to listen the mms:// stream radio on my HTC Driod Eris phone. :D
It is not a straight shot but it works. Go to www.orb.com and download the Orb application into your PC, follow the intruction and add your custom radio stations' url. It takes a while but I was smiling when the voice of my familiar radio talk show coming out of my cell.
Like I said, it is not a straight shot. You may also have problems finding your station's stream url from the website. For this, you can use URL Snooper to find the URL. This is another multiple steps process. :(
The downside of Orb is that you need to keep your PC on while streaming the radio to your android phone.

Upvote 0
I don't have a solution for a native app. Wish there was one. Orb works but its a pain to either keep your computer on or set up Wake on LAN on your router.
The easier solution is Moodio FM. Moodio FM does not provide any content. All they do is simply convert internet radio streams to formats that are suitable for mobile phones.
On your desktop computer, go to Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio Set up a free account. Search for the station you want to listen to. Most popular stations are already on there. If you find your station, save it as a favorite. If you don't find your station, and you know the station's stream url, Find "add a new station" from the main Moodio page to enter the stream url. The instructions on how to find a stream url are also on that page. http://www.moodio.fm/new_station
So, once you have all your favorite stations saved to My Stations, you go to the Moodio FM mobile site on your phone. m.moodio.fm
Log in with the info from the moodio fm account you just created and you'll see your My Stations list. Note, you cannot add favorites to My Stations from the mobile site, so make sure to do it on your desktop.
Click the link for one of your stations and you should be playing the station in a few moments. For me the stream comes over the native Android Video player, which is odd, but hey it works. If it's not working for you, you might need to download the free version of either StreamFurious or DroidLive from Android Market to make it work, but it will work.
Good Luck

Reactions: Reiflex
Upvote 0
Hmm... Moodio was one of the dozen radio apps or porting sites that I have tried. They all works ok on my ipod touch but not my HTC Droid eris. I guess it is because the HTC Droid eris runs on android 1.5, a older version OS. It does not support the streaming service provided by the websites like Moodio.

Upvote 0
What are using as a player? Right now, it just launches whatever the default media player is.
It plays in a video player. Either the one that comes with the Droid or Meridian. Either way it can't do anything else at the same time. It would be nice if it played like music in the background.
The url for the KPIG stream is rtsp://moodio-3.seeas.nl/3241763

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones