• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows more secure than Mac OS

I love how everytime someone has an argument to your claims, you responde back by trolling and flaming. Very grown up, but there is a reason that this has been said over and over because it is the truth, and sometimes to get the point acrossed you need to repeat yourself sometimes. I hate to repeat myself, so please don't make me or anyone else in this thread do so troll.

*sits back and enjoys the popcorn*

Upvote 0
1. Viruses are not as common for Mac os X not because it's "stable" or secure, but because it's not targetted as much seeing that windows 9/10 times is used. Plus, you have one virus for one unix system, that same virus can attack all other unix based systems. Android is Linux, and linux is unix, so Android can also be attacked at the core.

I concur!

For virus writers, it's not worth their time nor their effort to even try. Any software system can be targeted. As long as someone is willing to give it the time and effort to do so.

Haven't you seen the movie "Independence Day"?.... LOL :D

Upvote 0
LMAO

There are over 2k known viruses for Windows
There are ZERO known viruses for the MAC OS

/thread

Well, this would be interesting, if it were true.

The first virus announcement for Mac OS was back in February 2006

First ever virus for Mac OS X discovered

Apple admitted last year (finally) that spyware, and viruses were a problem for Macs.

There are several anti-virus/spyware products for Mac OS out there.

No person of reasonable technical intelligence would be running Mac OS without anti-virus protection.

Upvote 0
So wrong it's not even funny. If that were true, how come I as well as many others have never had a hard drive crash after switching to a Mac. If you are not aware a nasty Trojan can indeed crash a hard drive, I don't know what to tell you.

Ummm, no. A Trojan Can crash an OS. But they cannot cause a physical problem with the harddrive. The worst that they can do is cause problems with the data on the harddrive.

Oh, and just because ONE guy says Windows is more secure doesn't make it true either

Yep, ignore the expert... That's always a good idea.

Upvote 0
Ummm, no. A Trojan Can crash an OS. But they cannot cause a physical problem with the harddrive. The worst that they can do is cause problems with the data on the harddrive.

Yep, ignore the expert... That's always a good idea.

I can pay some random hacker to say Apple is bestest and most secure thing invented evar in the universe too! Woohoo! I suppose that will make it true right? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I can pay some random hacker to say Apple is bestest and most secure thing invented evar in the universe too! Woohoo! I suppose that will make it true right? :rolleyes:

We've done nothing but present reasonable evidence. So, where is your proof that he was paid to make his statements? Man, I'd sure hate to have you on my Jury if I were ever charged with a crime...you obviously ignore any and all evidence.

Upvote 0
So wrong it's not even funny. If that were true, how come I as well as many others have never had a hard drive crash after switching to a Mac. If you are not aware a nasty Trojan can indeed crash a hard drive, I don't know what to tell you.

Typical response of an Apple user. I bet you have no clue what a hacker, virus, trojan can and cannot do. If I were you, I would stop being a lemming and believing what your apple buddies say, and actually start researching.

Upvote 0

You ignore facts, you ignore the experts, and you flame anyone who doesn't ignore facts and experts...

I've actually begun to wonder if you don't actually like Macs.

I've actually begun to wonder if you are intentionally making it look like people who use Macs have low intelligence, and are unable to think for themselves.

I mean, your behavior here is a caricature of all the jokes people have made about Mac Users.

Upvote 0
yay for logical fallacies!

oh, by the way, I can name about half a dozen people I know who have macs that had their hard drives fail.
Like me. I have a MacBook Pro, iMac, and a Dell XPS laptop. I like the them all. Each has their pros and cons. I'm not a fanboy of MS or Apple, but I find most Apple fans to be far more annoying. They sing the praises of a company that is more locked down and proprietary than "big, bad MS."

But the MacBook has a been a journey through hell. Logic board failures 3 times in 18 months, one of which was coupled with a HDD failure. It just sits in the corner of my office propped against my wall because it is out of warranty and I won't pay to fix it. All anyone needs to do is Google 'macbook logic board fail' to see how many people were affected by this in 2006/2007 or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones