• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows not recognizing phone

I want to root a Kyocera Rise (C5155). The problem is that I cannot get any windows computer (XP, 7 or 8) to recognize the phone, with or without the proper drivers. I have tried 3 different windows machines, including a brand new Acer laptop. I have tried rebooting the computers and the phone, using different cables, trying different USB Ports even factory resetting the phone. I plug it in and it simply charges. There is no notification about USB debugging (which is turned on) or anything.
However, the phone behaves as it should when plugged into my friend's Mac. The notification about USB debugging appears, and the phone prompts me to choose between Mass Storage, charge only or media transfer. I wonder why it won't behave this way when connected to a computer running windows... I even tried to manually root it using adb, but the Android sdk is unsupported by Mac OS X 10.4.11.
I simply need to know if there is a way to root this phone using an older Mac, or without using a computer at all. I am beginning to think I am destined to be rootless on this phone.
Thanks!

0)BACK UP YOUR DEVICE!!
1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops
2)Download poot: http://db.tt/0HqxEURT
3)Download minstro 2 from store
4)Download superuser from store
5)Run poot
6)Pushes su to xbin
7)Go into superuser and update
8)Get Busybox
9)Get Root Checker
10)enjoy, the only reason to tether is to move the poot file from pc if you choose not to download it on phone.you can do it with no pc if you like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones