• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Windows Phone 7 Theme.

treyjones424

Aug 22, 2010
theme originally created by newone757. credit to him for creating.

You need:
Launcherpro plus(google search to find a free version of it)
Desktop visualizer(google search desktopvisualizer.apk in google)
Digi Clock Widget
Files Provided

Instructions: credit to newone757:
Using Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher
and
Desktop Visualizer

For Horizontal Widgets, Select the 4x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut, and then resize it to 3x1 when placed on the homescreen

For vertical Widgets its straightforward. Widget size is 1x2.

My customization: i use a custom dock i found, and mix blue tile icons with newone757's to make it look like the actual wp7.

Screenshots:
1zc31ag.png

2eyeyxl.jpg

Downloads: original icons: Icons_AP7.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Extra colored icons: [ICON PACK] Windows Phone Tiles. Now In 4 Different colours! - xda-developers

Dock: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/snap20100916_114700.png?w=d594a8a9

blank icon(for dock): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12722742/Android/Blog/Tutorials/Blank.png

Dock Instructions download image provided to sdcard. you must have launcherpro installed(faster than stock dock anyways, found in market) free version will work fine. With launcherpro as your active launcher, from your homescreen hit the menu button on your phone. select preferences. Launcherpro preferences will open. hit the apperance settings. Hit dock background. Select custom. Find the dock image you downloaded on and select it. hit the home button. For the icon on the far left(Internet), hold it down on the dock. Select change shortcut. Select applications then browser. then select custom icon. Use the blank icon provided at the bottom of this post. For the middle icon(app drawer) select change shortcut. select app drawer, and for the icon do the same. do the same thing for the one on the right.

Reactions: Cjohn8792

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones