1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Windows recognizing Edge6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Veloster75, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Veloster75

Veloster75 Newbie

When I plug the Edge into my Windows 7 computer, Windows does recognize that the phone is plugged in, however I can't access the phone. Under "My Computer" the phone is listed as ' >Galaxy S6 Edge" I click on the icon ">", but "phone" does not show up. This doesn't happen all the time. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Advertisement

2. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I have never tried with my edge, but years ago I had to change developer settings for my pc to communicate.

3. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

That is correct, if USB debugging is checked in Developer Options, the PC might not recognize the phone. On the other hand, if your recognition is sporadic, try changing the cable or the USB slot on the PC you are plugging your cable into.
    There is a remote possibility that your USB driver might be the root of the problem. Try downloading Kies 3 on your PC. It will automatically install the appropriate drivers for the Galaxy S6.

Blinky Bill likes this.
  4. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

one more thing to note when you connect the phone for the 1st time to the pc it should be unlocked otherwise it wont show you any data.

5. I had this issue with my S6 and you wouldnt believe what fixed it, I was using the USB cable that came with my M8 since it was already plugged in and thought shit its the same thing so ill just plug this in and it should recognize np, took me hours of installing drivers and doing all kinda shit before I took the cable out and put the micro usb cable that came with my Galaxy s6 edge, and it worked immediately, phone was recognized and everything. I was like wtf... have never seen this kinda thing before but it was the cable. I used the nexus 6 with this m8 cable and had no issue but on the S6 I needed to put the samsung spacific one in for it to work.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. Blinky Bill

Blinky Bill Newbie

Agreed. I needed to transfer some stuff onto my S6 Edge at the weekend and my Windows 8 PC saw the phone but only in Devices (I think it was under Other or Printers) for some reason - not as an additional drive under My Computer. I downloaded the Kies 3 software and it all worked great after that.

Also don't connect via a hub - sometimes this wont work.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was released in 2015, and offered a curved display versus the standard flat panel found in the standard Galaxy S6. The device features a 5.1-inch display, 3GB of RAM, up to 128GB of storage, and a 16MP rear-facing camera.