1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

WinMo Convert

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tsgeek, Aug 8, 2010.

1. tsgeek

tsgeek Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Minnesota, USA
    Hello all,

I'm a recent (~ 3 weeks) convert to Android on the LG Ally, coming from a little over a year on Windows Mobile. It felt like a lot longer than a year with my Samsung Omnia. We had a love-hate relationship. The Omnia could do a lot, and I became a serious flash-o-holic; but the hardware just kept breaking down. I was on my 5th possible replacement when I decided to switch to the Ally instead. I got a lot out of the Omnia forums on Modaco, and spend a lot of time hanging out around xdadevelopers as well. I'm glad I found this forum, as its helped me a lot already.

So far I really like the Ally! I wish it had more internal storage, but that's my only beef at this point. For a $50 device, I knew I was not getting the optimal Android experience, but I already love it. So many things just work. On Windows, yo could get many of the same functions to work (voice guided navigation, geo-caching, etc.) but they all required serious workarounds and, in some cases, re-engineering. Now I'm not against tinkering :D, and I'm looking forward to playing with the Ally.

And, of course, can't wait for Froyo!

Advertisement

2. Hi there!

Welcome to AF! We hope you enjoy your stay. :)

3. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    UK
    Hi mate and Welcome aboard. :)

HTC-F

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Welcome to the Android Forums!