• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WIP][PROJECT]HTC Bliss Sense 3.5! (IT LIVES!!!)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Looks like we might be back on with this after all...

king: Kings Bliss sense 3.5 Sense for evo 4g! wifi fixed, usb mount fixed, camera fc fixed! eta for next dropped link will keep you all informed!

just so you guys know
expect a release soon

[WIP][PROJECT] HTC Bliss Sense 3.5! (IT LIVES!!!) - Page 98 - xda-developers
(Post #975)
the mods must have moved in delete some of that nonsense that happened yesterday. glad that they did and that this rom is moving forward.

Upvote 0
Well it looks like we're going to end up seeing this ROM complete in the future, whether it's from Team Nocturnal/KING or Virus.

UPDATE:

Virus: not trying to come here and start issues just want to give a status on this situation as i feel like it is up in the air for everybody and i just don't want to leave everybody hanging. TrevE and I are working on getting Dconfig and all the synergy scripts ported over as well as a new base for this with everything working just not going to give an eta because I have to finish and roll out Eternity for the 3d before i fully commit to this project so just stay tuned. As for all the drama and bashing I know it got way out of hand and i am sorry to everybody that was involved and sorry to the users for the way things were handled publicly like that. I will keep you guys updated as to the progress on this port and assure you we will get it going
smile.gif

[WIP][PROJECT] HTC Bliss Sense 3.5! (IT LIVES!!!) - Page 101 - xda-developers
(Post #1003)

No matter what else is going on, at least there are plans to bring our OG Evo's Sense 3.5 sooner rather than later.

If you get bored, pop some popcorn and check out the thread, every few hours drama spikes and someone cries and everyone else flames. Not what I expected from a developer-oriented forum, but hey, who am I to judge?

EDIT: That thread is officially closed (at least for now) due to people acting like 8 year olds. Good times.

Upvote 0
Don't be so sure....

I can't stand reading that thread. Nobody ever says anything. The reason that thing blew up like it did is because of the lack of information (that and the clear love for high-school level drama)

I wish Virus or King would just tell it as it is. I'm new to the community so I don't know past history of everyone and what they've worked on but King's "updates" are mostly pointless and Virus wont say what his plans are for release.

Upvote 0
1. I glad we don't have drama like that here.
2. I'm glad my high school didn't have that kind of drama ;)

Part B:
It's looking like partitioning is going to be required, a bummer for me, I'll need to bust out a few bones and buy a card.... BUT this rom is looking promising and the whole sense 3.5 is looking pretty nice. Must say, best looking sense thus far to me.

Upvote 0
Still no wifi even though Virus reportedly got it working. I wish he'd release his beta version.

well if he did, it is not his rom. i'm kind of neutral at this point as far as which dev was right. but if he did release his own version of the bliss rom and does not credit king's crew, then he would be in the wrong. this whole thing was bs and how it was made public was also bs. i have faith that king and his crew will get it done.

Upvote 0
well if he did it is not his rom. i'm kind og neutral at this point as far as which dev was right. but if he did release his own version of the bliss rom and does not credit king's crew, then he would be in the wrong. this whole thing was bs and how it was made public was also bs. i have faith that king and his crew will get it done.

Virus is releasing Synergy Bliss rom at some point but I'm with you, the whole thing has been a mess.

Upvote 0
Virus is releasing Synergy Bliss rom at some point but I'm with you, the whole thing has been a mess.

Yeah, I'm really not sure which way to go on this one.

When Virus started "helping" Team Noc, he said that he basically re-ported the whole thing and started from scratch. That being said, I can understand why he would move towards completing the project on his own. The way in which that was done seemed incredibly shady though, and it definitely shouldn't have exploded on the forums like that.

Either way, after Virus came out and said that we might not even see Bliss on the OG Evo, I'm pulling for King and his crew to step up and get this thing done. It was their idea to bring us this port and I'd love for them to see it through.

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Do you have a link to the newest change log on this? I followed the link in the post and from there it said the new change loge was in the op and i also checked the roms and kernel sticky but i cant find it. Just wanted to see what was new. Would it be beat to partion the sd for this because of the size?
Thanks

Changelog:
Beta v.TWO
Fixed
SD Card
Resized Teams Bootanimation
Added Front Rear Cam
Camcorder
Audio
Gallery

edit: this rom is huge so yes you need to partition your card. gonna see if darktremors will work again on my phone. my phone seems to not like the script so we will see.

Reactions: mikem0269
Upvote 0
Cool news there. I got a really good vibe from lithid-cm, not sure of his past work admittedly. When the whole 'issue' started the other day, he basically told all the kings crew to suck it up and code the fix themselves. Only he said it with language that is more in a 'grey' area on this site. I would have thanked him, or a +1.

Glad that it has wifi though. Following this one.

Upvote 0
Havent kept up with this for a few days....

What are the known bugs in the newest version?

so far there are a few. they took out facebook so the freind stream widget will not work. no sprint visual voice on it. and you can't connect to the pc yet. and no 4g, but everything else is working. so far. glad to see development for this rom is proceeding pretty quickly.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones