• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip][rom][cm7][zvc] lg-ls855 marquee

No doubt. I'm off school for about a month and plan on learning to theme some for CTMod. I've already got the programs that I need, now I just need to take the time and learn it. Hopefully I'll have several out before I go back to school. I've already talked to J6Remy and he's given me the go ahead to convert his Prevail CTMod themes over to the Marquee. That should really help out a lot. I need to speak w/ Guspeed and see if he minds me doing the same with his themes. They both have some NICE 1's for CTMod.:D

Awesome! :)

Upvote 0
Hey Craptorman -- just wanted to say thanks for sharing your github repos. I am just finishing up my first CM7 build using your repos and I'm planning to take a look at the remaining issues before I tackle CM9.

Just want to let you know that I'm running Sprint ZV9 and there are a couple files declared in vendor-blobs.mk that I don't have: system/lib/libini.so, system/bin/glgps. Also system/lib/libmllite.so is missing from extract-files.sh.

Upvote 0
Well, my build boots. That's a start.

I'm working on getting the phone running right now. Found clues in logcat:

D/CallManager( 1507): registerPhone(GSM Handler{40517da8})
D/OtaStartupReceiver( 1507): Not a CDMA phone, no need to process OTA

Also seeing repeated logspam with this message:

D/skia ( 1736): Loading ARM encoder...

Anyone else get that or is it just me?

And finally, it looks like the screen won't turn on reliably after it goes dark. That's kind of a deal breaker. ;)

Upvote 0
A bit of progress. Saw this repeatedly in the radio log:

Code:
D/RIL     ( 1337): /sys/devices/platform/modem_ctrl/cp_ril_init Open Fail

chmod 666 on that file and then we get:

Code:
D/RIL     ( 1337): RIL mainLoop will start~~!!
D/RIL     ( 1337): --------------usr_eng_chk= userdebug-------
D/RIL     ( 1337): lge-ril: mainLoop: Set Up Internal Unsol FIFO
D/RIL     ( 1337): lge-ril: mainLoop: Set Up Internal Unsol FIFO END
I/RILJ    ( 1518): Connected to 'rild' socket
D/RIL     ( 1337): lge-ril: initializeCallbackRoutine of DLC 3 skipped
D/RIL     ( 1337): getBatteryState store_fd -1 
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_RADIO_STATE_CHANGED RADIO_OFF
D/RILB    ( 1518): Notifying: radio available
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0003]> SCREEN_STATE: true
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0004]> SET_GMM_ATTACH_MODE
D/RILC    ( 1337): RIL onRequestComplete: sendResponse
D/RILC    ( 1337): RIL onRequestComplete: free
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0003]< SCREEN_STATE error: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: RADIO_NOT_AVAILABLE
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0005]> RIL_REQUEST_GET_TE_CHARACTER_SET
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0006]> RADIO_POWER
E/GSM     ( 1518): Wrong network type: 0
E/GSM     ( 1518): Wrong network type: 0
D/GSM     ( 1518): Poll ServiceState done:  oldSS=[1 home null null null  Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1EmergOnly: false] newSS=[3 home null null null  Unknown CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1EmergOnly: false] oldGprs=1 newGprs=1 oldType=unknown newType=unknown
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0007]> BASEBAND_VERSION
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0008]> GET_IMEI
D/RILJ    ( 1518): [0009]> GET_IMEISV
I/RILJ    ( 1518): 'rild' socket closed
I/RILJ    ( 1518): java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.readba_native(Native Method)
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.access$400(LocalSocketImpl.java:29)
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at android.net.LocalSocketImpl$SocketInputStream.read(LocalSocketImpl.java:92)
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.readRilMessage(RIL.java:471)
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.access$200(RIL.java:208)
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL$RILReceiver.run(RIL.java:570)
I/RILJ    ( 1518):     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)
I/RILJ    ( 1518): Disconnected from 'rild' socket

I still think something in the config might be GSM instead of CDMA ...

Upvote 0
Well, my build boots. That's a start.

I'm working on getting the phone running right now. Found clues in logcat:

D/CallManager( 1507): registerPhone(GSM Handler{40517da8})
D/OtaStartupReceiver( 1507): Not a CDMA phone, no need to process OTA

Also seeing repeated logspam with this message:

D/skia ( 1736): Loading ARM encoder...

Anyone else get that or is it just me?

And finally, it looks like the screen won't turn on reliably after it goes dark. That's kind of a deal breaker. ;)

AWESOME MAN! Looking forward to a working CM7 for the Marquee. :D

Upvote 0
[/CODE]I still think something in the config might be GSM instead of CDMA ...[/QUOTE]

Maybe try adding the following to the end of ueventd.LS855.rc

# CDMA radio interface MUX
/dev/ts0710mux* 0640 radio radio
/dev/ppp 0660 radio vpn
/dev/tun 0640 vpn vpn

Also maybe try the following in the system.prop file under ##Radio Stuff
ro.telephony.default_network=4

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
Woot! ;) Worked like a charm!! Probably the most stubborn phone. I have ever rooted, tried with 2 different PCs, one w/ XP and the other Win7x64 and Win7x64 was a winner for me... not to say that the XP wouldn't do it because I discovered my problem was the timing on turning the phone on and using the QSTP smartphone option instead of CDMA... I waited about 12-15 seconds and bingo! :p

Great work devs!

Naturally, I installed my favorite ROM to it... Thanks Bloodawn! I will continue to admire your work as always! :D I was on the Prevail forums with him as well..

Thanks for everything!!! You guys always out do yourselves! :)

Upvote 0
Woot! ;) Worked like a charm!! Probably the most stubborn phone. I have ever rooted, tried with 2 different PCs, one w/ XP and the other Win7x64 and Win7x64 was a winner for me... not to say that the XP wouldn't do it because I discovered my problem was the timing on turning the phone on and using the QSTP smartphone option instead of CDMA... I waited about 12-15 seconds and bingo! :p

Great work devs!

Naturally, I installed my favorite ROM to it... Thanks Bloodawn! I will continue to admire your work as always! :D I was on the Prevail forums with him as well..

Thanks for everything!!! You guys always out do yourselves! :)

are you talking about actually using the CM7 rom on your phone? or just rooting your phone?

Upvote 0
Okay, this works:

Code:
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=4
ro.telephony.default_network=4

Burned a couple hours figuring out that first boot sets these values in a database, and you need to wipe data to get them to "stick".

Anyway, so if you do this right, you see this is "adb logcat -b radio":

Code:
I/PHONE   ( 1528): Creating CDMAPhone

Now, my next issue is the framebuffer. libsurfaceflinger is dying for some reason.

Code:
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1669): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1669): dithering enabled
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1669): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...
E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1669): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (Bad address)

Probably bad permissions somewhere.

Reactions: k28king1
Upvote 0
Not sure. Seems like it should work but I can't tell because the ui keeps crashing.

Is it possible to alter the build.prop to have the phone act as a O black but with the marquee files. I know I have altered my kindle fire into believing it is a galaxy tab. And was able to run a rom that was originally applied for the gtab but modified within the build.prop and driver lib to work on the fire. I may be wrong but it is just a thought. Just trying to help.:D

Upvote 0
Is it possible to alter the build.prop to have the phone act as a O black but with the marquee files. I know I have altered my kindle fire into believing it is a galaxy tab. And was able to run a rom that was originally applied for the gtab but modified within the build.prop and driver lib to work on the fire. I may be wrong but it is just a thought. Just trying to help.:D

Thats kinda what we are doing here. I don't know about craptorman but I started with the device repo for the p970 and went from there.

Reactions: k28king1
Upvote 0
Code:
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1669): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1669): dithering enabled
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1669): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...
E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1669): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (Bad address)
Probably bad permissions somewhere.

Found this here

Code:
[B]Memory Allocation [/B]

Android defaults to using two framebuffers for page flipping. in  order to support this memory for the video subsystem needs to be  allocate properly as part of the boot arguments: 
 vram=32M omapfb.vram=0:16M
these boot args allocate 32M for the video subsystem and then sets  the display 0 to use 16M (half) for the primary portion of the display. 
For large screens (i.e. 1920x1200), it is necessary to double the amount of video memory: 
 vram=64M omapfb.vram=0:32M
If you have failed to allocate the memory properly you may receive one or more of the following errors: 
 I/SurfaceFlinger( 1198): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1198): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...
E/SurfaceFlinger( 1198): Couldn't open /sys/power/wait_for_fb_sleep or /sys/power/wait_for_fb_wake
E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1198): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (Bad address)
or 
 I/SurfaceFlinger( 1198): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1198): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...
E/SurfaceFlinger( 1198): Couldn't open /sys/power/wait_for_fb_sleep or /sys/power/wait_for_fb_wake
E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1198): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (No such device)

[B]Note:[/B] The above error messages could also be due to a mismatch in  kernel/library versions of GFX drivers. Make sure they have the same  version number. Refer to:  [url=http://omapedia.org/wiki/Android_How-tos#Verify_Kernel_GFX_Version]Android How-tos - OMAPpedia[/url]

Reactions: tdm and Craptorman
Upvote 0
The kernel and its commandline should be identical between stock and cm7. We are using the stock kernel and the BPB commandline (in boot.img) is empty for both. So the kernel commandline seems to be generated entirely by the bootloader. Here is my actual /proc/cmdline:

Stock:
Code:
mem=511M init=/init videoout=omap24xxvout omap_vout_mod.video1_numbuffers=6 omap_vout_mod.vid1_static_vrfb_alloc=y vram=5M,0x9FA00000 omapfb.vram=0:5M rs=s fuelgauge=g manual_mode=0 muic_state=0 meid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx console=/dev/null

CM7:
Code:
mem=511M init=/init videoout=omap24xxvout omap_vout_mod.video1_numbuffers=6 omap_vout_mod.vid1_static_vrfb_alloc=y vram=5M,0x9FA00000 omapfb.vram=0:5M rs=s manual_mode=0 extpwrtype=4 fuelgauge=q muic_state=0 meid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx console=/dev/null

They are a bit different. I believe extpwrtype=4 is because I had the usb cable plugged in at boot. The other differences seem to be just ordering.

Also note we've got 5mb of vram specified. That seems plenty, as 840*480*2 = 768kb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones