• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip] what can be flashed through recovery

Download it in the first page and flash it through recovery using the 2nd init app

I did, I just thought that there was an option to disable/enable it :p

I just bricked for the first time, by flashing Ac!D, bravia, xloud, beats, and Sony Walkman all at once.......caused bootloop, factory reset didn't help..

Am I supposed to wipe anything before flashing???

Upvote 0
I didn't use pimpmyrom to install it. Thought I read that would cause a factory reset so I just flashed the zip. I just noticed that now my phone is coming up as LgAndroidNet phone or something in my device manager list. It shows up under modems??? I installed the driver package that's included in the unbrick guide. Before this I was able to connect my phone to the computer no problem to copy files etc.

Upvote 0
It has to be something you're doing, I've tested these packages with just about everything at this point. What did you format in recovery? Did you clear dalvik? Did you install any other packages in that time frame? Did you make yourself a sandwich like described in post 1? You may just be hungry.

Ooh! If you are using a deodexed ROM, it takes longer to boot after clearing cache.

Upvote 0
Same here. I flashed it using the pimp my ROM app and it ended up doing a factory reset then stuck in a bootloop

That only happens when you clear dalvik and don't back out of the advanced menu. >< there's an option to reboot recovery instead of reboot phone, rebooting recovery leads to the original recovery which is the one that resets your phone.

Upvote 0
That only happens when you clear dalvik and don't back out of the advanced menu. >< there's an option to reboot recovery instead of reboot phone, rebooting recovery leads to the original recovery which is the one that resets your phone.

Nope, I flashed it (as well as other audio mods) and it bricked my phone.

I did not reboot recovery. And even if I did, I was running firmware D, so it would have asked to confirm if I want to reset.

Upvote 0
Yes there is.

080.png

News to me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones