1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Wipe Everything"? What should I wipe?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by landonh12, Dec 26, 2012.

1. landonh12

landonh12 Android Enthusiast

Title says it all. I'm flashing to Harmonia to get the fixes, then going to AOKP/PA. I have TWRP. Before I flash Harmonia, and/or AOKP, what should I wipe?

P.S. Is hboot 1.04 from the fix everything thread okay to use for AOKP? Also, after I do the fixes, I can flash any sprint evo 3d rom as well, right? I just got this phone yesterday, and just got s-off. I'm a noob here. I'll get the hang of it this week, promise. I'll be asking a lot of questions, so I'm sorry if I overwhelm you guys!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zaius42

zaius42 Member

First of all, Merry Christmas and welcome to the community.

As for any "wipe everything" statement:

Format System, Data. Under the advanced menu -> format
    Under the Flash Zip menu, select to wipe cache and dalvik-cache.

Generally any zip flash is going to re-format system if it needs to, but it doesn't hurt to be sure that it is done.

1.04 should be ok for most roms unless the rom creator mentions you need a specific hboot. I run 1.40 and I've never really changed it and everything i've flashed works ok. You may flash any sprint rom you like, whether or not your APN settings or MMS will work is another question. Currently anything that doesn't have sense means your MMS will not function correctly if at all. Which is why any "sense-less" rom here keeps the sense framework around for the mms app itself.

3. landonh12

landonh12 Android Enthusiast