1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wipe ext part?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BSH, Feb 7, 2011.

1. BSH

BSH Member

Loading a new ROM for the first time. The directions say "wipe SD ext part" but when I go through the wipe options in the recovery, I don't even see that as an option. I did the data/factory reset wipe, I did the Dalvik-cache - but the only other options under "wipe" are battery stats & rotate settings. Am I missing something? Or is this not an issue for me because I've never partitioned my SD?
    Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BSH

BSH Member

Maybe I've answered my own question. I never bothered with apps2sd or cache2sd. So I've never partitioned. So I don't have an ext partition. So I don't need to worry, right? If I don't bother using the *2sd features, I can still use the new ROM anyway, right?

BTW, I'm flashing xtrSENSE.

3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

If you never partitioned, you do not have to wipe ext.

Did you flash Amon's Recovery or did you flash Clockwork Recovery? Wipe ext is definitely in Amon's.

Or, a better question: did you root using Unrevoked?

4. BSH

BSH Member

I used Amon's recovery, trackball not required.

I rooted using the Universal Eris Root for Dummies method on this forum. Great guide.
    Thanks.

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

BSH,

Sorry 'bout that...when I built the "trackball-not-required" version of the alternate recovery, the 1.6.2 source of the recovery.c program did not have the Partition sdcard options in it [imagine I'm Han Solo (or Lando Calrissian) saying "Its not my fault" when the hyperdrive wouldn't work ;)].

So, I built a new version called "trackball-optional" from a different source branch (1.7.1) that did include the Partition sdcard options in it.

Check-out the "Note / Edit: 20-November-2010" section in alternate recovery thread http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...2-custom-recovery-trackball-not-required.html for the full details.

Sounds like you don't actually need it, though.

Cheers!

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews