1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wipe My Phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by smeyers2, Jul 31, 2013.

1. smeyers2

smeyers2 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2013
    Hi All !!

Is There An App Which Will Wipe My Phone Immediately After 3 Or So Incorrect Unlock Entries ?? Reason being... It may be several minutes or more until you realize your phone is MIA. In that time the thief may already have control of it, and retrieved valuable information. I would rather have the phone wiped to factory settings after so many incorrect unlock entries. I realize it might be impossible to locate my wiped phone... but I can always purchase another one... but info stolen from my phone would be devastating. In other words I would rather "Shoot First, Ask Questions Later". Thanks All, Have A Great Evening !

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  3. smeyers2

smeyers2 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2013
    The whole idea is to wipe the phone when someone is hacking into it, rather than when I see that it's missing.... given there will be a period of time when the unit is stolen, and when I realize the phone is missing. I would rather automatically wipe the phone as soon as someone is trying to get into it... rather than wipe it remotely... possibly 30 or so minutes after which they have a chance to get into it.

Don't get me wrong..... All the great features that Outlook, Prey, Cerberus give you are great. My ONLY interest is to immediately wipe the phone when it gets into the wrong hands. I could care less about getting the phone back. It's the info on the phone that I want destroyed.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Looking at some of the security apps out there, I can't see one that would do that.

My old boss had his Desire HD linked to his work email account and part of the security meant his phone would wipe itself after 9 attempts. I'm not sure how you'd do it without linking a corporate email account to the device?

5. smeyers2

smeyers2 Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2013
    An IT techie from one of the popular apps suggested Lock Cam. I have done searches on that name, but have had no luck finding it. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Thanks for your help. Have A Nice Day !