1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wiping battery stats (unrooted)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dachillfx, Apr 28, 2012.

1. dachillfx

dachillfx Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Does anyone know how to do this step to step? How long does it take? Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. FrankXS

FrankXS Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Denver, CO
  3. dachillfx

None

Mar 19, 2011
    The problem is not battery life. It is I can not charge up to 100% only 89%. So I suspect I am being cheated out of at least 10% battery life. As I've stated I have several batteries including extended ones. None charge past 89%. Can you help me? I will check the link you provided. Thanks

4. azlou1210

azlou1210 Newbie
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    Arizona
    Try the battery calibration app in the play store

5. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee
    Battery calibration requires root access, and all the app does is wipe stats which you can do manually through a file explorer app or recovery.

Unless you're thinking of battery monitor widget which lets you change the voltage of your battery. However I never noticed any change using it after getting the Rezound battery and uninstalled it.

Like I mention to the OP in his other thread about the same topic, you can try a hard reset, which may or may not do anything, or just deal with it. I doubt its actually effecting battery life, just the way its being reported.

Kind of like after swapping in the Rezound battery, the only difference is after a full charge it stays at 100% much longer. So if after a charge it sits at 89% for a while you're probably not loosing any actual battery life.

angldvl81 likes this.
  6. dachillfx

None

Mar 19, 2011
    Thanks for you comment, but with all 3 extended and the 3 standard batteries, I can only seem to achieve 89-90%, however I charged all day yesterday at work and was watching the nba playoffs from my device. While doing so I noticed it get all the way up to 94%(after market 3500 mah) stayed 94% on charge forever. My ******ed:mad: self restarted device off charger to see if the battery use would reset and the charge dropped to 85%. Restarted again it dropped to 80%. This morning charged over night to 90%. Took off charge. It is discharging as if it is truly charged at 90%. I feel if it was at 100% but only reading 90%, that it would stay 90% for quite some time but it does not it starts discharging normally. The only time I see the green notification light is when I have actual notifications. Been a lonnnnng time since I've seen Green light representing a fully charged battery. Can anyone decipher this???

7. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee
    Using the Rezound battery mine will charge to about 60% then jumps to full. If I pull it off the charger immediately it stays at 100% for hours if just left in sleep mode.

I think the problem is not knowing when your phone is truly charged. Mine will read 100% with a voltage anywhere from 4000mv to 4200mv although there should be a few % drop in there.

I think a good test would be using the Rezound battery and keep an eye on it while its charging. Check the voltage and when it reaches 4220-4222, pull it off the charger and see how long it remains at that %. If it sits at 90% for a few hours on standby its reporting incorrectly, but realistically not loosing any life.

After a reboot its normal to lose a good bit of battery % shown, however it will usually sits at that point for longer than normal so it basically evens out. Charging overnight will not give a true full charge. The phone will charge to full then slowly drop, then charge back again, and completes this cycle over and over again until removed from the charger. It does this as a protection for the battery. You never quite know where in that cycle it is when you pull the charger off.

Try what I mentioned and see what happens. If you're still convinced you're loosing 10% of actual battery life you're only choice is a factory reset, but again you might just be creating more work setting the phone back up again.

Finding out for sure might be worth it to you, so give it a go if its bugging you not knowing that badly.

dachillfx likes this.
  8. dachillfx

None

Mar 19, 2011
    Thanks a lot Ibrick. Did not think about the voltage reading. Check this out yesterday morning after charging bolt overnight for about 4HRS FROM only 2%, it charged up to 99%. This is the after market 3500mah extended battery. So from my home to the car it dropped to 87% that fast. It held that percentage on my desk at work for quite some time. So battery lasted for long time. Once it dropped to 22% it stayed there for along time. So I put on charge and this morning it charged at 86%. So taking your advice i am now charging my Rezound battery. Not ssure which battery you were speaking of standard or extended. I have both. Charging the extended and watching the voltage as we speak. Hope you are right with your opinion:). The problem with a master reset is, some market apps i have,have been yanked. You know Google takes some of the best apps out for whatever reason, and I am not willing to part with said apps. I am actually hoping the next software update(s)(bug fixes or ics) will help solve the issue. Thanks again.

Ibrick likes this.