1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wiping cache

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RunVert, May 25, 2011.

1. RunVert

RunVert Well-Known Member

Does performing the cache wipe from recovery do the same thing as several of those cache cleaner apps from the market?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

kinda. those cleaner apps(i assume youre referring to the caulkins wipe all zip file) do more than just wiping the cache. I havent seen any (but i also havent looked) cleaner apks in the market, but if you wipe certain parts in the system, the system needs to rebuild them (i.e. the dalvik) and thats usually done during the initial boot after the wipe is performed, so it stands to reason that any cleaner apk that doesnt require a reboot would be ill effective.

3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

dalvik would require a reboot, i imagine it just wipes cache part, it will rebuild itself as you go, just a cache. I use one sometimes called cache cleaner ng or something like that. It was on a 2,1 rom and i stole it. Honestly i almost always do it in recovery, i only started using the cache cleaner on the 3.0 sense rom because rebooting was always a risk :).

4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

and (from what it sounds like) a half hour process too for your rom that is LoL

5. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Well im on Kings Shift Retro atm and all is well and smooth there but yeah it could be time intensive and annoying on sense 3.0...

6. RunVert

RunVert Well-Known Member

I am referring to apps like, "Cachemate for root users", "1 tap cleaner", "1 tap clean cache", "quick cache cleaner", "cache cleaner NG"...and the like..
    downloadable apps from the market.

..are those "cache cleaning" apps performing the same task as cleaning cache from recovery?

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah it looks like it from what i can see. i would not trust those like i do not trust rom manager. it is much better to do everything manually. it just takes a second.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews