• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wiping cache

kinda. those cleaner apps(i assume youre referring to the caulkins wipe all zip file) do more than just wiping the cache. I havent seen any (but i also havent looked) cleaner apks in the market, but if you wipe certain parts in the system, the system needs to rebuild them (i.e. the dalvik) and thats usually done during the initial boot after the wipe is performed, so it stands to reason that any cleaner apk that doesnt require a reboot would be ill effective.

Upvote 0
dalvik would require a reboot, i imagine it just wipes cache part, it will rebuild itself as you go, just a cache. I use one sometimes called cache cleaner ng or something like that. It was on a 2,1 rom and i stole it. Honestly i almost always do it in recovery, i only started using the cache cleaner on the 3.0 sense rom because rebooting was always a risk :).

Upvote 0
dalvik would require a reboot, i imagine it just wipes cache part, it will rebuild itself as you go, just a cache. I use one sometimes called cache cleaner ng or something like that. It was on a 2,1 rom and i stole it. Honestly i almost always do it in recovery, i only started using the cache cleaner on the 3.0 sense rom because rebooting was always a risk :).

and (from what it sounds like) a half hour process too for your rom that is LoL

Upvote 0
kinda. those cleaner apps(i assume youre referring to the caulkins wipe all zip file) do more than just wiping the cache. I havent seen any (but i also havent looked) cleaner apks in the market, but if you wipe certain parts in the system, the system needs to rebuild them (i.e. the dalvik) and thats usually done during the initial boot after the wipe is performed, so it stands to reason that any cleaner apk that doesnt require a reboot would be ill effective.

I am referring to apps like, "Cachemate for root users", "1 tap cleaner", "1 tap clean cache", "quick cache cleaner", "cache cleaner NG"...and the like..
downloadable apps from the market.

..are those "cache cleaning" apps performing the same task as cleaning cache from recovery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones