• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wiping/Restarting My Droid?

My phone has been getting tons of FC and has now been freezing randomly.

I reset all it's stuff using the retsart and X function.

I now have to reactivate my phone (1:47am so i assume i gotta wait a bit) Cause it wont let me right now, i'm assuming their offices closed.

After i activate my phone n such, what is a good ROM or link showing me the best root? I don't wanna have to do this again lol.

I highly suggest using the fix permissions in ROM Manager. I'm not sure if you have to have the premium version, but I haven't had a single FC since I ran that script.

I suggest Ultimate Droid 8: BlackdroidMod -> Download Manager -> Motorola Droid -> Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Motorola Droid or Bugless Beast 0.5: Peter Alfonso for your ROM options. BB0.5 is in ROM Manager, but UD8 is not.

Easiest way to root is to check out this sticky: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...e-updated-september-18th-2010-9-38pm-cst.html and check out the second and fourth threads in the Root section. The fourth link is a process that simply automates the process used in the second link.

Good luck.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones