1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wiping sdext

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by closevo, May 5, 2012.

1. closevo

closevo Newbie

partitioned my card. do I now need to wipe sdext and if so do wipe every time I flash a rom?:)

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yes, all of your apps will be stored on SD-EXT and you will need to both WIPE it for every ROM install and make sure to select it when you do a nandroid backup

3. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

Way back when, Ocn mentioned that he did not wipe his sd-ext during rom flashes and was able to carry over all of his apps from rom to rom. Theoretically this should work :). YMMV!

frenchy714 and argedion like this.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The symbolic link to the SD apps would be gone, so I don't know how well that would work.

I don't doubt anything OCN says though :D

frenchy714 likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it depends on what rom you flash into. i have found that some roms will flash ok without wiping sd ext especially if it is a similar rom. for instance flashing cm7 and deck's should work without wipimg sd ext as they are very similar. generally speaking though, i would recommend that you wipe sd ext as part of your wiping habits before flashing any rom. cuz you never know if it will work or not. but that is up to you though.

frenchy714 likes this.
  6. brianvillage5

brianvillage5 Well-Known Member

I skipped wiping SD ext. Going from cm7.2 to aokp milestone five flashed dta2sd and it worked, read that in a thread on here. Cool trick!

ocnbrze and frenchy714 like this.
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hey guys just so you know:
    do as i say, not as i do.

this will work only some of the time. i still recommend that you wipe sd ext.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews