• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wired charger recommendation

cgfw201

Jul 25, 2012
Hi,
The official LG charger that came in the box works absolutely perfectly, charging the N5 in no time at all.
However, all my existing Samsung S3/S4 chargers take forever to charge the phone.

Can someone suggest a charger which does the job like the official one. I need one for work to go with my wireless charger. Can

Pretty much any charger with a micro-usb connector will work. Does the UK version come with a microusb cable? you can use that to plug into any usb port and charge that way, unless your workplace prohibits that (mine does). I use a spare blackberry charger (5V 700mA) at work for mine, seems to work well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?rh=n%3A329082031%2Ck%3Amicrousb+charger&keywords=microusb+charger&ie=UTF8&qid=1387385541&rnid=1642204031

This link shows quite a few candidates, at various prices. I try to stick with items sold by Amazon directly.

Upvote 0
I don't have a recommendation, but the included charger is rated at 1.2A, while most phone chargers are rated at less than 1A. A charger rated at 1.2A or higher should charge the phone just as fast as the included charger. Just make sure the output on the charger is 5.0V. I've seen some generic chargers that output 5.7V, and they've caused problems with phones I've plugged into them.

Reactions: Gatman and g01851
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones