1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wired charger recommendation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cgfw201, Dec 18, 2013.

1. cgfw201

cgfw201 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The official LG charger that came in the box works absolutely perfectly, charging the N5 in no time at all.
    However, all my existing Samsung S3/S4 chargers take forever to charge the phone.

Can someone suggest a charger which does the job like the official one. I need one for work to go with my wireless charger. Can

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. g01851

g01851 Well-Known Member

Pretty much any charger with a micro-usb connector will work. Does the UK version come with a microusb cable? you can use that to plug into any usb port and charge that way, unless your workplace prohibits that (mine does). I use a spare blackberry charger (5V 700mA) at work for mine, seems to work well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?rh=n%3A329082031%2Ck%3Amicrousb+charger&keywords=microusb+charger&ie=UTF8&qid=1387385541&rnid=1642204031

This link shows quite a few candidates, at various prices. I try to stick with items sold by Amazon directly.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

I don't have a recommendation, but the included charger is rated at 1.2A, while most phone chargers are rated at less than 1A. A charger rated at 1.2A or higher should charge the phone just as fast as the included charger. Just make sure the output on the charger is 5.0V. I've seen some generic chargers that output 5.7V, and they've caused problems with phones I've plugged into them.

Gatman and g01851 like this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews