• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wired earbuds with media controls?

bfwolf

Lurker
Sep 20, 2011
Hi guys,

I am currently an iPhone 3Gs user on AT&T, but I am thinking about switching to the Droid Bionic. I would sure love to be back on Verizon's network and the Droid Bionic sounds like an awesome phone.

Two things have stopped me from making the switch:

1) The headphone whine. This thread is not about that.

2) I didn't realize until recently that there doesn't appear to be any wired headphones that work on the Bionic (or other Android devices) that have the same level of media controls as on the iPhone. Specifically:

There's a mic

There's volume control

There's a pause button that also doubles as skip a song or go to previous song.

This stuff is important to me. I don't want to be fiddling around on my phone to change the volume and pause songs. Is there a solution out there besides bluetooth? Or is bluetooth a better option than I am giving it credit for? I feel like I would need to leave bluetooth turned off in order to preserve the battery power. Today, when I get a phone call, I quickly grab my earbuds, plug them into my iPhone and my ears, and then answer the phone. I feel like I will not be able to conduct that transaction if Bluetooth is not already on. Maybe I'm missing something?

I use a Motorola S10-HD Stereo Bluetooth Headset. Syncs in seconds. Bluetooth on the Bionic turns on within a few seconds as well.

Unfortunately you probably wouldn't have time to enable bluetooth and then turn on the headsrt before answering the call.

I use my headphones for a minimim of 8 hours a night to listen to Slacker radio over 4g. St the end of the night I usually uave to plug my phone in on my way home otherwise it would die. If I were ro listen to just the music i have on my SDcard i could probably make it through the night with plenty of battery to spare.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones