1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wired headset not functioning

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markzolotoy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. markzolotoy

markzolotoy Member
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    I used to be able to pick up/end calls, but not anymore. When I am getting an incoming call and pushing a button on a mic it's not doing anything. I have to slide to pick it up. I had powered my phone down a couple of times, did not help. Any idea?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. IndyDave

IndyDave Member
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    No help, but I'll comment that I've not been able to get a wired set to work well with the GS2, especially when driving. I've used a monobud for years with every phone I've had, but despite trying a couple different ones with this phone, I had people complain about not being able to hear me well, and likewise I'd have trouble hearing them - volume just seemed limited. Finally had to give up and went with a Jabra hands free visor thing, that works surprisingly well.

3. markzolotoy

markzolotoy Member
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    But the funny thing that it worked. How, in the world, this would stop working if I did not do anything? It shouldn't work in the first time? So, lucky me? With all these discussions about which phone is better ... I used to have iPhone. Shit like this would not even possible with it. Everything if it worked it worked.

4. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Android Enthusiast
    None

Well, except for the antenna's. ;)

iPhone and Apple itself, is a closed platform. You get some more stability/reliability... but give up individuality and customization (except for some really *cool* cases). :rolleyes:

5. mvi57

mvi57 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I tried two Samsung headsets with my phone, and neither one accepted a call when I pressed the button. I also have a Luxe headset, and it works fine.