• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wired mic doesn't work

djdjr

Lurker
Jan 13, 2013
I bought my wife a wired headset for her LG Lucid, and the mic is not working...I tried it on my phone (HTC Rezound) and it works fine - person on the other end can hear me. When I plug it into my wife's Lucid, the headphone icon appears, and I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure I'm hearing myself in the headset speakers, so it's like the mic is picking up my voice and sending it right back through the phone into the earphones instead of to the person on the other end. I also tried downloading an app that is supposed to manage the sound settings (this forum won't let me include the name of the app in my post), but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same exact issue... I plug the hands-free wired headset into the headphone jack of my LG Lucid and I can use the headset like headphones but the microphone doesn't work, so I can hear the ringtone, I can answer from the button on my hands-free, I can hear the caller saying "Hello!???" but they can't hear me until I unplug the hands-free headset.

I tried cleaning the jack by powering down the phone, removing the battery, then using a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and then let it dry and there was no change... I've tried multiple headsets and they work on another phone, but not on mine.

I have no idea what the problem might be.

I'm going to try and take it in for servicing soon. If I get an answer, I'll hit you back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones