1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Wired Tethering - Any thing I should know?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zynnis, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Zynnis

Zynnis Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Cook Supervisor - Wabash Valley Correctional Facil
    Sullivan, Indiana, USA
    Ok, i just installed and got wired tethering working on my android eris running xtrrom4.2 and I have VZW as my carrier.

is there anything I should know after it's done? I'm new to the whole tethering thing for android and I just need some answers to a few questions...

First off, does it charge me for any data usage even though I have an unlimited data package. I think it's awesome that I can get on the internet from my phone wherever I'm at and charge my phone at the same time. I don't want to be using this if it's going to charge me a gazillion dollars after the fact.

Also, I just started using it, if I navigate away from the screen on my phone will it turn it off? Say I want to check a message or something....

Is there anything else I should know after the fact? I just don't want to be caught with my pants down if there is something that someone already knows about this application.

Thanks in advance,
    Zynnis.

Advertisement

2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Miranda
    as far as verizon knows, it looks like you're just streaming a whole lot of...well anything presumably.

shouldn't, no

I wouldn't run any torrents or anything on a tether, but otherwise there's not much they can do. if you've got a lower 3g signal, use opera turbo it really helps out with lower bandwidth and data compression.

reciprocus and Zynnis like this.
  3. Zynnis

Zynnis Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Cook Supervisor - Wabash Valley Correctional Facil
    Sullivan, Indiana, USA
    Thanks, that's all I needed to know! I really appreciate it!