• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wirefly Customer Service -- We're here to help.

Hello Wirefly! Thanks for the opportunity to engage us with answers. I have 2 questions that I have seen asked elsewhere, but nobody knows the answer...

1. When purchasing an Evo 4g or other phones, are all your phones "new" and not refurbs?

2. Also, I see the Evo 4g is now shipping from Sprint with hardware vers 4. I am about to purchase an Evo and of course would prefer vers 4. Do you folks ship the latest vers as does Sprint?

Thanks again!

Scott

Hi Scott!
We are happy to be here and answer questions. :)

1) We only sell brand new phones and not refurbished phones. If (and it is a big if) we were to sell a refurbed phone, it would be clearly stated as such. We do not sell refurbished phones as brand new ones.

2) We offer the most recent equipment possible. We receive our phones directly from the carrier's and their suppliers.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.
-Kim

Reactions: a320ca
Upvote 0
I ordered an evo I have had it for about 6 days now I can use the internet and even send picture messages but I cannot send text or make any phone calls. what is the problem and how long does it take to fix?

Please PM me your order number and I will have someone contact you to assist you with your order. Thanks!

Upvote 0
ok i have a few questions on wirefly.com, as i am getting ready to use your service to get a new contract with either Verizon or AT&T!

1. ok so when you go thru wirefly.com, and get your phone, who does the support for it, like my internet isnt working, who would i call, or for warranty purposes?
2. does the carrier view wirefly customers the same, do we get same treatment as carrier customers?
3. what are the stipulations that wirefly.com has to be able to offer such cheap phone, what are their contract obligations?

Thanks so Much

Josh:thinking:

Upvote 0
I ordered a HTC incredible to upgrade my phone in my family plan but i acidentally picked the 44.99 data plan! can you guys change it to the 29.99 one??

Please call into our customer service team and they can help you with the rate plan change. The number to call is 866-852-3216, 9am -6pm ET M-F. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to be of assistance to you! :)
-Kim

Upvote 0
Thanks Kim (Wirefly). I just placed my order for 2 EVOs. :)

BTW, this is the second time I have used Wirefly. The first time I purchased the Droid X with Verizon, was unhappy with it and returned it to Wirefly within 2 weeks. Excellent service and received my credit promptly. Thanks!

You are most welcome. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do to be of assistance to you. :)

Reactions: a320ca
Upvote 0
ok i have a few questions on wirefly.com, as i am getting ready to use your service to get a new contract with either Verizon or AT&T!

1. ok so when you go thru wirefly.com, and get your phone, who does the support for it, like my internet isnt working, who would i call, or for warranty purposes?
2. does the carrier view wirefly customers the same, do we get same treatment as carrier customers?
3. what are the stipulations that wirefly.com has to be able to offer such cheap phone, what are their contract obligations?

Thanks so Much

Josh:thinking:

Hi Josh,
Thank you for considering Wirefly for your wireless purchase. :) Let me answer your questions.

1) If you have a problem with your phone during the first 30 days, please contact us at Wirefly and we will be happy to assist you with an exchange for defective equipment or warranty reasons. After the first 30 days, you can take the phone directly to the corporate carrier store and they can assist you with your phone for any issues you have. If you have insurance, please contact the insurance company that is insuring your phone, as many issues can be resolved with a claim to them.
2) The carrier will not treat you any differently if you order your phone with us instead of going directly to the carrier to get the phone.
3) We have a great relationship with every major U.S. carrier. They know that Wirefly brings them high-quality customers, and we save them time and money by handling the sales and activation process for their accounts, and by bringing them customers that might not have a retail store nearby.
Our costs are low because we don't run thousands of retail stores in malls and shopping centers. The Wirefly team processes every order from our Maryland operations center, giving us a huge cost advantage when compared to bricks and mortar retail stores.
The phones you order from Wirefly are the exact same devices you'd get from going to a carrier retail store. In fact, as the internet's #1 authorized dealer for AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, and Alltel Wireless, we only activate devices from certified carrier distributors. Every device has a full U.S. warranty, and is never refurbished unless explicitly sold as such.
Wirefly promises you savings in the form of instant discounts with no rebates or gimmicks when you sign up for wireless carrier service. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 6 months after activation. Deactivating your phone, or downgrading features or the rate plan, may lead to additional charges.
You can check out more information on our website at: http://www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to be of assistance to you.
-Kim

Upvote 0
Hi Josh,
Thank you for considering Wirefly for your wireless purchase. :) Let me answer your questions.

1) If you have a problem with your phone during the first 30 days, please contact us at Wirefly and we will be happy to assist you with an exchange for defective equipment or warranty reasons. After the first 30 days, you can take the phone directly to the corporate carrier store and they can assist you with your phone for any issues you have. If you have insurance, please contact the insurance company that is insuring your phone, as many issues can be resolved with a claim to them.
2) The carrier will not treat you any differently if you order your phone with us instead of going directly to the carrier to get the phone.
3) We have a great relationship with every major U.S. carrier. They know that Wirefly brings them high-quality customers, and we save them time and money by handling the sales and activation process for their accounts, and by bringing them customers that might not have a retail store nearby.
Our costs are low because we don't run thousands of retail stores in malls and shopping centers. The Wirefly team processes every order from our Maryland operations center, giving us a huge cost advantage when compared to bricks and mortar retail stores.
The phones you order from Wirefly are the exact same devices you'd get from going to a carrier retail store. In fact, as the internet's #1 authorized dealer for AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, and Alltel Wireless, we only activate devices from certified carrier distributors. Every device has a full U.S. warranty, and is never refurbished unless explicitly sold as such.
Wirefly promises you savings in the form of instant discounts with no rebates or gimmicks when you sign up for wireless carrier service. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 6 months after activation. Deactivating your phone, or downgrading features or the rate plan, may lead to additional charges.
You can check out more information on our website at: http://www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to be of assistance to you.
-Kim

Wirefly rocks! This is the second batch of phones I have ordered through them with both Verizon and Sprint accounts. The phones are indeed brand new in factory sealed original equipment boxes. I have returned some because I didn't care for the phone, not their service and I received a prompt refund as promised in their guarantee. I will continue to use them and have referred friends there as well. :)

Reactions: Wirefly
Upvote 0
Hi Scott!
We are happy to be here and answer questions. :)

1) We only sell brand new phones and not refurbished phones. If (and it is a big if) we were to sell a refurbed phone, it would be clearly stated as such. We do not sell refurbished phones as brand new ones.

2) We offer the most recent equipment possible. We receive our phones directly from the carrier's and their suppliers.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.
-Kim

Let me add a follow up to this...

Since I asked the question here about Wirefly"s phones, I thought it only prudent to post my experience. I ordered two (2) Evo 4gs through Wirefly. Initially I requested the free standard FedEx shipping but later that night I realized that I would be leaving town in a few days and thus would need the phones sooner. I contacted Wirefly and they promptly changed my shipping to next day FedEx. The phones did indeed arrive next day, brand new, in original sealed boxes and the Evos were both hardware vers 004. The activation went smoothly with no problems. Both my numbers ported correctly. All in all a wonderful experience. Thanks Wirefly! :D

Reactions: Wirefly
Upvote 0
im not 100% sure on their stand point on this but im pretty sure the reason they would have this be true, is more than likely due to the way they communicate with verizon systems. if someone returns/cancels/changes phones within 6 months and we the employees dont change it in the sales system we lose any profit and commisions from the sale, so odds are they are simply trying to remain profitable.

Upvote 0
yep it all has to do with commission. You'll be fine as long as the line you upgraded on or added remains in service. If you cancel, you'll be receiving some phone calls! I did it to get my incredible, and they've called and sent a letter. I don't they'll ever be able to take me to collections over it though, seeing as how there was no signature. lets hope so, because i'm not paying:p

Upvote 0
Hey isn't it true that with Wirefly if you buy a phone from them you cannot transfer it to another line on your plan(within the first 181 days) without paying them back the discount...??? Cuz I'm planning to do this.
Im on Sprint (epic 4g)

It is true that any changes that could cause the carrier to report a deactivation to us will be a violation of our terms and conditions that you agreed to when you purchased the phones. They state:

To provide you with significant savings vs. buying in a retail store, the price you paid for your device includes an Instant Savings Discount from Wirefly.
By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($300 for smartphones and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Please note some of the reasons your wireless carrier may notify us of a deactivation include if:
  • <LI class=wf20_corestyle_li>You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service after it is activated <LI class=wf20_corestyle_li>You change your rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase <LI class=wf20_corestyle_li>You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
  • The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing account
You can read the terms and conditions on our website at: http://www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms

Please let me know if you have any more questions that I can answer for you.

Upvote 0
yep it all has to do with commission. You'll be fine as long as the line you upgraded on or added remains in service. If you cancel, you'll be receiving some phone calls! I did it to get my incredible, and they've called and sent a letter. I don't they'll ever be able to take me to collections over it though, seeing as how there was no signature. lets hope so, because i'm not paying:p

Check out our purchase terms, as they are quite clear about this policy.
You can read the terms and conditions on our website at: http://www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms

Let me know if there are any other questions that I can answer for you.

Upvote 0
Hi Kim,

Since wirefly defaults to the more expensive calling and data rates for the phone I am looking at (Droid X) can I downgrade my phone plan through Verizon after receiving my phone, without suffering some kind of penalty?

Thanks.

Hi!
We do our best to offer as many of the plans for Verizon as possible, however we do not offer all of them, as they do not pay us commission for certain plans if we activate phones with them. As for purchasing a phone with us and downgrading the plan immediately, that would cause the carrier to report a deactivation to us and would be a violation of the terms and conditions that you agree to when you purchase a phone with us.

Wirefly promises you savings in the form of instant discounts with no rebates or gimmicks when you sign up for wireless carrier service. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 6 months after activation. Deactivating your phone, or downgrading features or the rate plan, may lead to additional charges. To provide you with significant savings vs. buying in a retail store, the price you paid for your device includes an Instant Savings Discount from Wirefly.
By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($300 for smartphones and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Please note some of the reasons your wireless carrier may notify us of a deactivation include if:
  • <LI class=wf20_corestyle_li>You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service after it is activated <LI class=wf20_corestyle_li>You change your rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase <LI class=wf20_corestyle_li>You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
  • The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing account
You can read about our purchase terms on our website at: www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms/ [wirefly.com] . Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.
-Kim

Upvote 0
Hi!
We do our best to offer as many of the plans for Verizon as possible, however we do not offer all of them, as they do not pay us commission for certain plans if we activate phones with them. As for purchasing a phone with us and downgrading the plan immediately, that would cause the carrier to report a deactivation to us and would be a violation of the terms and conditions that you agree to when you purchase a phone with us.

Wirefly promises you savings in the form of instant discounts with no rebates or gimmicks when you sign up for wireless carrier service. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 6 months after activation. Deactivating your phone, or downgrading features or the rate plan, may lead to additional charges. To provide you with significant savings vs. buying in a retail store, the price you paid for your device includes an Instant Savings Discount from Wirefly.
You can read about our purchase terms on our website at: www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms/ [wirefly.com] . Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.
-Kim

I appreciate the time you gave in responding to me, but I now see how the "savings" that I am given is compensated for. Still, thank you for responding.

Upvote 0
I just want to say that I bought my Captivate through Wirefly and their service was great! I ordered the phone Saturday of last week. I had to call their customer service Monday to confirm the deposit charge and the guy I talked to (don't remember his name), was great. Yes, he had an Indian accent, but he knew what he was talking about. I had questions about how porting over my phone number and everything would work and he answered them with pretty much no issue at all. And I work in customer service so I know how annoying it can be with reps who don't know what they are doing, but this guy did. I got the phone this past Friday, service started on Saturday.

Oh and they had an amazing deal going on for a new contact with a Captivate. Free phone, no activation fee, free spare battery, free shipping and a $30 credit!

Upvote 0
1) Since Wirefly is a third party dealer for the carriers, the carriers require that we process upgrades and contract extensions for customers with a new plan that has a higher minute allowance and higher monthly cost.

2) unlimited data plan should not be a problem for you to keep.
HUMMMMM so your saying that if I presently have the everything data and 450 plan that has 1 year left in contract but am elegable for a phone upgrade that you are forced by sprint to upgrade my plan to a higher cost plan...to what???? If I get the evo I already have to pay an additional $10 fee per mth just to have 4G coverage that dosn't exsist where I live

Upvote 0
Hello Wirefly I just ordered a new htc evo 4g from you. The order was taken and the person on the phone said I was eligible for an upgrade. They withdrew the money from my account then 15 Min's latter canceled my order saying I was ineligible for an upgrade? how can that be? I am working with customer service to fix this problem, will update my progress

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones