• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wirefly Customer Service -- We're here to help.

Thank you anyway, It would of been nice to get the phones for free. However I just stopped the order all together. I had to pay more but I know I will have my new Droid X this Tuesday by 4:30 pm ready for me to activate and use right away. It is so true you pay for what you get. I know that the plan I have is not going to change and after reading some of the issues on this post I feel that is the best route to go.:)

o_O I dont know all of the story, but I know that I ordered my phone throught Wirefly and had no issues on their end of things. I will agree that their chat bot sucks, but to be honest you should have just called in. The people in the call center, while they may not speak english very well, theyre very good customer service people. Theyre almost as good as VZW, and thats saying a lot.

To be honest though, your questions were a giant loop. You pretty much asked the same question over and over with the same answer of "Your order wont effect other lines on your account".

Reactions: Wirefly
Upvote 0
Hello WireFly I just recieved my EVO 3D a few hours ago, I was out of town and it was sitting on my door step when I got home about 4:30am. I open it in the early morning hours so it was dark and the first thing I notice was that between the back and search button the black paint under the glass is scratched so you can see light through the scratches very well. Bring that my number has been ported now how do I receive an replacement while still having my phone. Do I have to return it and be without a phon for a week or more or do u send a "new replacement" and I send back the old phone. I know with Tmobile they actually send u the new phone first and they give you 7 days to send the old one in.

Last question I had my verizon number ported in and this new service was activated on a old Sprint account I use to have because I still see my same pin,security answer and my old phone number. If I.eas to tell sprint to replace my ported in number with my old number i use to have would that be a violation? Thx.

Upvote 0
I was a user of Wirefly, multiple times and kinda defended them previously in EVO posts. That was until this weekend, trying to upgrade 2 eligible lines. Couldn't upgrade online, their software simplexity kept sending $0 amounts to our bank for approval. Called CS, they couldn't get it to go through either. Was being transferred to CS (told somebody with more tech) and line was dropped (kinda like how direct tv drops you). So we decided to call back Sunday after talking with the bank. Bank says system is fine, even shows the $0 request coming through without denied codes, etc.
At the same time, im using Facebook page for help, that has the same agents that are here from over there. I was given a number to call yesterday, and that number was for conferences/meetings. Connects and says enter your pass code to start conference *WTF* ?? Online CS cant even give me a number for help either? 1 post was whats my order number, hello there is none until the CC goes through. A knowledgeable CS should know the process. Done working with online help.
Called WF again Monday at their main # thinking maybe better CS would be in. The lady on the phone before even starting to try the order again, said she had to contact Sprint to see if we were even eligible for upgrade. Mind you we already knew and told her we are, and the online checker right on WIREFLY site that takes 5 seconds shows we are. She said this would take 15 minutes (!). My wife didn't have the time to sit on phone at work for the 3rd time trying to argue with a person about upgrade status when our issue is having CC go through.
So here i sit 3 days of trying to get 2 simple upgrades, waiting for wife to get home so we can go to Amazon wireless to get the upgrades. Then another online "manager" private msg me in facebook. Let us call you tomorrow morning and make things right, we don't want to lose you. (4th day) 7am call and was transferred to a normal front line agent to place the order. SAME RESULT, SAME REPLY, use a different card !! FYI, this card is the same card used multiple times previously at WF. Its Mastercard, and from Key bank and is working everywhere else. Not 1 time has anybody at WF thought they could have an issue with their system, and tried to get anymore help for us or them. They could have others who try and just go elsewhere because their system is messed up, because it MUST be my problem.
Well problem solved, i went to AMAZON and got my 2 lines with NO problem. Showing myself what the bank, and ourselves told WF multiple times. MY card works just fine!! 4 wasted days trying to order through WF, i could had my phone already if i just went with Amazon.

Upvote 0
Hello WireFly I just recieved my EVO 3D a few hours ago, I was out of town and it was sitting on my door step when I got home about 4:30am. I open it in the early morning hours so it was dark and the first thing I notice was that between the back and search button the black paint under the glass is scratched so you can see light through the scratches very well. Bring that my number has been ported now how do I receive an replacement while still having my phone. Do I have to return it and be without a phon for a week or more or do u send a "new replacement" and I send back the old phone. I know with Tmobile they actually send u the new phone first and they give you 7 days to send the old one in.

Last question I had my verizon number ported in and this new service was activated on a old Sprint account I use to have because I still see my same pin,security answer and my old phone number. If I.eas to tell sprint to replace my ported in number with my old number i use to have would that be a violation? Thx.

We are happy to help you with exchanging the defective phone. Please call and speak with one of our customer service representatives at 866-852-3216, 9am - 9pm Eastern Time, M-F, and they will be happy to assist you with your exchange.

As for changing your Sprint number from the one you ported to the one that you used to have, yes that would be considered a violation of our purchase terms. You can read those here: Wirefly terms and conditions including our equipment discount policy

Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can answer for you. I am happy to help.

Upvote 0
I was a user of Wirefly, multiple times and kinda defended them previously in EVO posts. That was until this weekend, trying to upgrade 2 eligible lines. Couldn't upgrade online, their software simplexity kept sending $0 amounts to our bank for approval. Called CS, they couldn't get it to go through either. Was being transferred to CS (told somebody with more tech) and line was dropped (kinda like how direct tv drops you). So we decided to call back Sunday after talking with the bank. Bank says system is fine, even shows the $0 request coming through without denied codes, etc.
At the same time, im using Facebook page for help, that has the same agents that are here from over there. I was given a number to call yesterday, and that number was for conferences/meetings. Connects and says enter your pass code to start conference *WTF* ?? Online CS cant even give me a number for help either? 1 post was whats my order number, hello there is none until the CC goes through. A knowledgeable CS should know the process. Done working with online help.
Called WF again Monday at their main # thinking maybe better CS would be in. The lady on the phone before even starting to try the order again, said she had to contact Sprint to see if we were even eligible for upgrade. Mind you we already knew and told her we are, and the online checker right on WIREFLY site that takes 5 seconds shows we are. She said this would take 15 minutes (!). My wife didn't have the time to sit on phone at work for the 3rd time trying to argue with a person about upgrade status when our issue is having CC go through.
So here i sit 3 days of trying to get 2 simple upgrades, waiting for wife to get home so we can go to Amazon wireless to get the upgrades. Then another online "manager" private msg me in facebook. Let us call you tomorrow morning and make things right, we don't want to lose you. (4th day) 7am call and was transferred to a normal front line agent to place the order. SAME RESULT, SAME REPLY, use a different card !! FYI, this card is the same card used multiple times previously at WF. Its Mastercard, and from Key bank and is working everywhere else. Not 1 time has anybody at WF thought they could have an issue with their system, and tried to get anymore help for us or them. They could have others who try and just go elsewhere because their system is messed up, because it MUST be my problem.
Well problem solved, i went to AMAZON and got my 2 lines with NO problem. Showing myself what the bank, and ourselves told WF multiple times. MY card works just fine!! 4 wasted days trying to order through WF, i could had my phone already if i just went with Amazon.

Hi,
I am very sorry that you have had this experience, and I assure you that we really did want to resolve this and process your order today. We were not able to process your order for the last few days, due to the fact that your card would not validate in our system, based on the information provided by your bank. We did check to see if there was more than one card used, and there is only one card you tried to use over the last four days, and we got the same information each time - stating we could not process the order with that card. We checked our system with the orders that you placed previously and that was a different payment method than the one you tried to use this time.

We are sorry we lost your business, and we are looking at this to see what we can take away from it and use for future customers so they do not have this experience.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, questions we can answewr, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Upvote 0
Yeah VZW is fine with switching the phones to another line after purchase, my question is if this is considered a breech of contract with Wirefly. My wife recently used the upgrade available on my line to get an Iphone4 and now my Inc's screen has broken so I need to get a new phone. I want to use her upgrade to get a new phone on my line, by switching them after purchase (something we do often). But I've read where in some cases it shows as a breech to wirefly.

Upvote 0
my guess...

being it is on the same plan.. no problem.
sprint does not care.

but if you get it from an online retailer (wirefly/amazon) they might have a rule that you can not. for a certain amount of time.. example: 6 months.

^ This and the time limit is 180 days or about six months before you can do that.

Upvote 0
Yeah VZW is fine with switching the phones to another line after purchase, my question is if this is considered a breech of contract with Wirefly. My wife recently used the upgrade available on my line to get an Iphone4 and now my Inc's screen has broken so I need to get a new phone. I want to use her upgrade to get a new phone on my line, by switching them after purchase (something we do often). But I've read where in some cases it shows as a breech to wirefly.

Hey, yes, this is a situation where the carrier usually reports this as a deactivation to us, and we consider it a vilation of our Terms of Purchase. We wish it wasn't the case, but the carrier doesnt allow us to process buddy upgrades and still pay our commission for the order.

Upvote 0
Hey, everyone,
We're doing our best to keep track of Wirefly-related questions/issues throughout the forums, but thought it might help if we created a central thread where you can ask for help on anything from placing an order to how our exchange policy works.

Myself, Ari, Amanda, Kim & Scott will be quick to answer any question you have, as well as escalate any issue you may be having.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We hope this becomes a consistent source of help for AndroidForums!

Thanks for all that you do for us.

Jeff

Just go out of business already. I had the worst experience with your pathetic "customer service". Absolutely horrible. I'll never recommend this company to anyone.

DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH WIRE FLY PEOPLE.

Upvote 0
Just go out of business already. I had the worst experience with your pathetic "customer service". Absolutely horrible. I'll never recommend this company to anyone.

DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH WIRE FLY PEOPLE.

I think youre possibly the minority dude. I had a great experience with them. Have and will continue to recommend people go through them too. Their customer service was quite good for me.

Reactions: Wirefly
Upvote 0
I think youre possibly the minority dude. I had a great experience with them. Have and will continue to recommend people go through them too. Their customer service was quite good for me.

I am happy for you. I unfortunately got transferred endlessly to several people (by several I do not mean 2, I mean 6) and got no help. I got hung up on once also. I am not a jerk either, I worked in customer service myself and I hate dealing with people who are plain rude, so no I was not acting like an ass. Just to clarify in case you assume so.

I get tired of being jerked around by these vendors. It is not just wire fly, its most vendors. I usually have no issues in dealing with companies direct, I would rather pay a little more and get decent service.

But again, I am glad you had a good experience. I wish I was the same. Still, the nightmare I dealt with cannot be undone. I don't recommend this company ever.

*Also, it seems as if I am not a minority. Lots of unsatisfied customers posting in this thread about their customer service fails, dude.*

Upvote 0
I am happy for you. I unfortunately got transferred endlessly to several people (by several I do not mean 2, I mean 6) and got no help. I got hung up on once also. I am not a jerk either, I worked in customer service myself and I hate dealing with people who are plain rude, so no I was not acting like an ass. Just to clarify in case you assume so.

I get tired of being jerked around by these vendors. It is not just wire fly, its most vendors. I usually have no issues in dealing with companies direct, I would rather pay a little more and get decent service.

But again, I am glad you had a good experience. I wish I was the same. Still, the nightmare I dealt with cannot be undone. I don't recommend this company ever.

*Also, it seems as if I am not a minority. Lots of unsatisfied customers posting in this thread about their customer service fails, dude.*

The problems that most people have sadly are created because theyre idiots. In your case, thats a bit different and that sucks you got the run around. Thats inexcusable. The jacked up thing about me is that I get amazing customer service over the phone, but in person its a bit different. Partially my fault, Im pretty nice when Im on the phone with someone, but Im a dick in person. lol.

Reactions: APDell
Upvote 0

I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience with us, it is not normal and we take our customer's satisfaction very seriously. Can you please PM me your order number so that I can look into this and see what happened? 1) I want to fix this for you and make it right and 2) I want to make sure that your experience does not happen to other customers, so I want to make sure that any and all corrective action is taken with the representatives that you interacted with.

Again, I do apologize. What you experienced is not right, and that is not how we expect our representatives to interact with our customers. I look forward to getting your PM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones