1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wirefly is toying with my heart....arrg

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sniggity, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sniggity

sniggity Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    I talked with a support rep earlier today and he told me Sprint will activate my phone within 12 hours and it will be shipped within 24 hours. I was so happy since I've been hunting the Evo down for quite some time now.

So I take a look at the current order status and it says Awaiting Inventory. I talk to another service rep just now and he says to allow 2-3 weeks and I was misinformed. WTF kind of BS operation is this!! I'm about to cancel and take my chances elsewhere.

Advertisement

2. sabertwist

sabertwist Member
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    Don't cancel the order....just wait the 2-3 weeks. Right now you are 3 steps ahead of the rest of the world that's waiting on EVO to restock.

3. tex texington

tex texington Member
    None

May 28, 2010
    I reserved mine on May 27th and picked it up on the launch day. Why are they so hard to find? BB had like 70 on Monday:)

4. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2010
    Everybody wants one!

5. BKBitar

BKBitar Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    I walked into my Best Buy on June 30 and they had 3 Evo's in stock, 2 after i left (i exchanged my samsung moment for it right before my 30 days was up, thank goodness i did that, phone was so much worse than the evo). Either I got lucky, or the shortages are blown out of proportion. I would cancel it and keep visiting stores.

6. CocoaSugarbaker

None

Jul 8, 2010
    San Diego
    Don't cancel your order! When I placed my order with Wirefly on the 2nd, they had a 1-2 week waitlist. They actually shipped it out the very next morning, and I received the two EVOs on July 7.
    Sometimes I think they're playing it safe rather than trying to guarantee customers merchandise they aren't entirely sure they are getting. They can only sell what Sprint gives them.

Tags: