• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WIREFLY - Look at this deal on MOTO DROID!

Thats a pretty good deal but always make sure you consider the terms and conditions before buying from a 3rd party retailer. You can get in way over your head if your not careful. Been there, done that and I wont do it again ,I stick to direct Verizon pricing myself :D

INSTANT DISCOUNTS

Wirefly promises you savings in the form of instant discounts with no rebates or gimmicks when you sign up for wireless carrier service. Delivering on this promise means that you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 6 months after activation. Deactivating your phone, or downgrading features or the rate plan, may lead to additional charges.

When you sign up for wireless carrier service through Wirefly, we discount your phone purchase price by an Equipment Discount amount ranging from $200 to $300. By ordering through Wirefly, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, if you:

Fail to pay your balance due to your carrier each month
Disconnect this line of service
Transfer this equipment to another line of service
Change your carrier service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate plan
Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase
Transfer/port an existing phone number from another account if this is a new line of service
Replace an existing account with this account if this is a new line of service
Return or exchange your phone and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage

If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount

And keep in mind that the fees and stipulations above are in addition to any imposed by Verizon Wireless. You could easily see $650 in ETF's charged to your card if you cancel the line within 181 days.

Upvote 0
I am going to get one from Verizon for $199 with a 2 year renewal. There is no way I will be cancelling before the 2 years as I have been with them for a looooong time and quite happy.

So, that being said, why should I not get the $49 dollar one from Wirefly?

-Jim

As long as you have no intentions of moving the phone to another line or changing the calling plan or features at all for at least 6 months and 1 day then there is no reason not to. You can get super deals from WireFly or LetsTalk.com . just make sure you read the fine print and you know what your getting into so you dont get surprise charges on your credit card for downgrading the minutes on your plan or anything like that.

I have gotten great deals from LetsTalk in the past.

With a direct from Verizon purchase I can use the upgrade on any one of my family lines to get a new phone and then switch the device to my number. You cannot do this with Wirefly or it will result in their equipment recuperation fees being charged to your card.

AND WireFlys vested interest is only for the first 181 days, after that they could care less what youy do with the device or service.

Upvote 0
That is a great deal. The problem with these are if you have a current plan. I called Amazon and they said I probably should not get it from them as they could not guarantee my 20% discount and my 20% discount on features (data plan). I get this because I joined through a company. So if I sign a contract with them, they didn't know what would happen. Verizon didn't know either. But for a new contract, or one with any special discounts it is great.

I am going to check Best Buy for $100 as they feel they can do it.

-Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones