• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wirefly shows TV-out on the Inc.

Upvote 0
Since its taking the USB slot? How will the phone stayed charged? I doubt its being charged by the TV.

Well, I had a nice post made till the forum crashed earlier. So you will have to go do the leg work this time. Go to Apple's website and lookup iphone tv-out cable. Thats how a nice cable would be made with power to the cell phone all the time. Also, think of Apple's proprietary iphone connection as the micro usb connection.

Upvote 0
How about you order it and give us a review. :D I honestly didn't think it was technically possible, but hey even I'm wrong once in awhile. :p Does anyone know if it is technically possible?

I don't think usb 2.0 is capable. With 3.0 maybe.

Also, if it outputs composite, that's analog so it would take a completely different process to output hdmi. If htc didn't plan on digital out, it wouldn't work even if usb 2.0 -> hdmi were possible.

Upvote 0
Micro usb is actually pretty old now. My 3 year old phone has it and it wasn't the first. My girlfriend's 2 year old regular flip phone even uses mico usb to charge.

Didn't CTIA declare micro usb as the standard charger for all phones from now?

Of course it's doubtful Apple would follow suit with how popular that stupid connector is. I can't tell you how many of those ipod connectors have broken on me. Worst. Design. Ever.

I don't see micro usb going away any time soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones