1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Wireless charging issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by potterdood, Sep 12, 2016.

1. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Male
    Verizon Wireless Tech Support
    Anderson, SC
    I came here looking for someone thats had an issue with the samsung fast wireless charger that is the stand up 1. I have an s6 edge+ and just got it replaced and ONLY on that wireless charger do I have a problem, I have the flat samsung fast wireless charger and it works fine there and also on a tylt wireless charger I bought from verizon, has anyone else seen this before, I get an error about 10 seconds after putting it on the charger that says wireless charging paused, I tried it on a friends exact same charger and it did the same thing, gave the error. I used his 6 edge+ on his and mine and it worked fine, just looking for answers. I even tried turning fast charging off, switching out fast charging cords, and did numerous factory data resets.

Advertisement

2. Chris_Levin

Chris_Levin Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    I have the s6 edge plus (T-MOBILE) and I use it with the Samsung fast charging stand (the tilt one) as well as an after market wireless charger without issues. Sounds like there may be a problem with your phone. One thing I can think of, make sure your phone needs a charge - say 90% or lower. I've noticed that my phone does not like being placed in the fast charger if it's already charged.

3. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Male
    Verizon Wireless Tech Support
    Anderson, SC
    thanks, it was def the phone, I got a replacement and having no issues, so weird.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus was released in 2015 as a "plus-sized" version of the Galaxy S6. The device features a 5.5-inch display with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP rear camera.