1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wireless Charging Problems on my wife's S5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by K4KAI, Nov 8, 2014.

1. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

My wife and I both have new Samsung S5s; hers is white, mine is black.

I installed identical S5 "Charging cards" in each of them and am using identical Chargers for each of them.

On my black S5, everything works like I expected...put it on the charging mat in the evening and take it off in the morning when I wake up.

On my wife's white S5, I do the same thing, but once her S5 fully charges, it starts beeping every few minutes, waking us up from a super sleep.

I thought there may be an issue with the charger or the in "card" that I installed in her phone, so I swapped card with the ones in my S5 and swapped the chargers, too in order to isolate the issue to determine if it was a problem with the phone or the new charger hardware.

After making the hardware swap, her S5 still does the same thing, so we took it back to the dealer and swapped S5 for another NEW S5, and it, too exhibits the same behavior.

For the time being, I uninstalled the "charging card" and am now using Samsung's wall charger.

Anyone have and suggestions to resolve this issue? Based on what I have read on the forums, I don't expect the charging cover on her S5 to last too long now.

Sam in Reno, Nevada

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I also have a Qi charger in my S5 and I think it gives a slight beep when it is done... but I have tinnitus 24/7 and it takes a lot to overcome that noise.

K4 land and you retired in Reno? long way from home aren't you.
    de K5AWO John in Okie Land, Lake Oologah, OK

Give Battery Doctor a try in her phone. You can set up the Full Charge notifications in it.
    * Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) - Android Apps on Google Play

3. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

John, Thanks for the response. Now that I have fully retired, nothing was there to keep us in the muggy, high humidity state of Virginia. I swapped K4KAI (my original callsign from 1955) for NV7SY this past spring when we moved into our newly completed home here in Reno.

The intolerable commotion the wife's phone had is much more than a notification that the phone is charged. I have the exact same phone, and it remains silent...and, ALL the settings on both phones are identical. To resolve the problem, I just removed the QI adapter from her phone and she uses the plug-in charger.

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I ordered up an S5 phone for my wife also, it should be here tomorrow with luck.

It will also receive a Qi charger inside the OEM case. I am hoping that it gives me the same quiet results as the one I have now... which is no longer available... such is the life of cheap electronics.

$18.99 for the one I have, and $23.99 for the one I got for hers... it arrived today along with her new Speck CandyShell case... so when the S5 arrives, we are rarin' to go.

I have had the same callsign since 1958... I just simply refused to allow the FCC to know that I had moved and left the home address as my folks in OKC, OK... Then the requirement for changing was dropped and it didn't mattery anymore, and I have been thru 17 states since then.

Finally ended up here to be near old friends, my family is all gone except for one sister up in Price, UT. Getting old sucks, but the alternative is worse.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews