1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wireless charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by driffty66, Mar 21, 2016.

1. driffty66

driffty66 Member

Hi, i finally took the plunge, my phone is it its way from America(before Trump closes the U.S down.lol)
    I would like to get a wireless charger but have never used one before and I'm a bit confused with the adds on eBay(from china).
    Any advice on what I need and/or recommendations on something you've bought would be greatly appreciated .

2. Meinie1953

Meinie1953 Lurker

Send LG in the UK a message or call them?

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If you plan on using wireless charging a lot,it's best to get the OEM Charging cover:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Charging-Battery-Back-Cover-Case/182010093516?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=777000&algo=ABA.MBE&ao=1&asc=20131227121020&meid=cde4c07aad654ecca222b35b6f370dd7&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=391363449670

Admittedly,it's quite a bit more expensive,but,a lot of the aftermarket QI Charging covers are garbage & not worth the packaging they're shipped in.

If you want a wider variety to choose from,check out this thread @ XDA-Developers:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/accessories/qi-wireless-charging-t3245065

driffty66 and Mikestony like this.
  4. driffty66

driffty66 Member

thanks but the phone as not been released here so im pretty sure they wont be selling any accessories .

Thanks Kolio.wow,what so much more for the official rear cover. Also buying stuff from the U.S includes import tax on top.

5. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Our you could do what I did.
    Bought myself a $3.00 wireless charging sticker for V10.

Peeled off the stock NFC sticker and replaced it with the new wireless charging sticker. Works great and I still have stock battery cover.

driffty66 likes this.
  6. driffty66

driffty66 Member

I like that sreum. never used NFC yet. ill give this a go.
    What charging base are you using mate.

7. driffty66

driffty66 Member

thanks for that,I bought a set from Amazon that includes the same charging sticker but a cheap qi base. $69 seems a lot.ill see where my cheapo version gets me, hopefully not homeless !!!!! lol

sreum likes this.
  8. driffty66

driffty66 Member

UPDATE.
    wireless charging is working via a cheap ebay kit. i had to remove the NFC stick from the battery case,fit the charger sticker then the supplied NFC sticker on that. I'm also using a cheap qi base. surprisingly it works very well,no overheating and the charging light on the base turns off when it's fully charged.

sreum likes this.

LG V10 Forum

The LG V10 release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews