1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asay, Aug 1, 2013.

1. asay

asay Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2013
    Anyone know if the Rugby can be made wireless charging compatible? Would like to stop having to open the plug cover to charge it. Thinking a Qi charger would be a good add for the phone.

Advertisement

2. acoolphone

acoolphone Newbie
    None

Oct 31, 2012
    Not sure how the wireless would have access to the battery so would not think so.

Also have concerns about routinely opening the cover, just waiting (knock on wood) for it to break the connecting strip

3. head4trauma

head4trauma Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    Male
    io
    io
    A little late to the party on the forums, but I got my Rugby Pro a couple weeks after they were released about a year ago. I got it for the durability considering I work on a golf course.

Averaging twice a day (that's a very a low ball estimate), opening and closing the cover has not been an issue at all. I was worried about it myself, but if you look real close at the connector that holds the covers on it's a more flexible material. Not the harder plastic of the covers themselves.

I couldn't be happier with mine. No issues at all with durability. I actually drop it constantly and have destroyed two screen protectors to find when I took them off the screens glass didn't even scratch. (Once I was standing on it in a parking lot).

It is was well worth it working in the rain and heat all summer. On stormy days I laughed while I watched my coworkers dig out zip lock bags for their phones.