1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Wireless connection?

Discussion in 'Computers & IT' started by hiteck, Sep 14, 2010.

1. hiteck

hiteck Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    How to make a wireless connection with about 100 Meter range?

Advertisement

2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

What are you looking to connect from/to? Are you talking sharing an internet connection? If so a wireless router is your best bet.

If you have some more details on what you're trying to do, we can help more!

3. There are some dongles out there that achieve that range.. even some Bluetooth:

http://www.shop4tech.com/item6492.html

Post more about what you have and what you want to do with it, please.

4. KCrick

KCrick Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    More info is definitely needed to provide you an accurate answer. 100 meters is a good distance (about 328 feet). Do you have clear line of sight between the two locations? Or are there obstructions? What type of connection are you planning? An ad-hoc connection between two systems? Or an infrastructure connection between a computer and a network?

6. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    London. UK
    Move closer to the neighbour with the unsecured connection :D

7. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Male
    100 meters isn't that far, a normal wifi router can do that with a decent reciever. I put mine in the second floor of my house when I first moved in and could connect te next street over, thats way more than 100 meters/300 feet. A low end system may not, but my Latitude had the anttnna in the lid. I moved my AP to the basement so now my signal only goes a couple houses over.

8. :D

9. RoseOds

RoseOds Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Well without information we can't help you.:) Use your router and configure your WAN setting and make sure you are under 100 M, if your system have WLAN/WAN option you can easily use it,