1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

wireless device sniffer app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by micromack, May 8, 2012.

1. micromack

micromack Member
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Hello all, quick question on a wireless sniffer app. My daughters ipod touch has gone missing. Unfortunately I haven't enabled the 'Find my iphone' app on it to locate it. I suspect it was taken by one of her friends. My question is, is there an android app I can use to sniff the device out? I know the devices MAC address, I'm hoping to find an app that I can walk down the street with and have it 'find' wireless traffic for her MAC address. Is there anything out there that can help me in this en devour?

Advertisement

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I don't know of anything like this. I could give you several apps that will detect wireless APs and display their MAC addresses, but can't think of a think that would do that the other way around. I can't even think of commercial software that would do that kind of thing. If you're a sysadmin you can easily pull up a list of what devices are connecting to your aps. Wanting to see what devices in the area are broadcasting is a bit unusual.

3. danarchy

danarchy Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    You could somewhat do this with Fing. Connect to a wireless network (you would have to manually manage this), once connected, load Fing, and tell it to scan the network. It will list all IP addresses (and MAC addresses).

There are other apps which can do this as well, but Fing is definitely my favorite for a quick look to see who is connected to an AP.