• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless diconnects when phone idle/locked.

westside

Nov 8, 2009
I was curious why at home when I'm connect all the time with wireless that the wireless status would not display immediately when I unlock my phone.

So today I left my wireless settings page up. Then let the phone lock and sit idle. When I opened it sure enough the wireless had diconnected and as soon as it was unlocked began obtaining an IP from my network.

THIS IS NOT THE BEHAVIOR I'M LOOKING FOR!!

I like to have various apps running while at home and I want them to go through my home wireless not 3G.

This seems like something Verizon would probably prefer as well.

Is there some setting I'm missing?

It's not immediate when the phone locks it's after some amount of time .

Anyone else notices this?

I've noticed a lot of bugs but I can work around them, but this one now tops my list. What can I do to try to resolve this problem?

Suggestion: run a search on > wifi < at the Market. Hubby's running an errand with my Droid at the moment so I can't check this, but I think the name of the freebie I use, to keep WiFi connected, is wifi lock.

By the way, that auto-disconnect is designed to save battery juice. Thankfully, it's easy enough to work around it when desired.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones