• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wireless strength

stuarta

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2011
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but a couple of weeks ago something has happened to my DHD. All of a sudden it notified me of updates to every app on my phone and since then I've noticed that my wireless strength indicator is low.

My software version doesn't seem to have changed and I'm on 3.12.405.1, but even sat in front my router, its floating from the minimum dot, to 2 bars. My partners Desire S, it's still on maximum.

Very odd

I'm not aware of any update. I had the 2.3.5 update a while ago, but then about 3 weeks ago I just noticed I had an alert for app updates and found that every app had updated. I was then browsing last sunday from bed and noticed that the signal was on the dot and obviously been aware of it and checking more since then

Upvote 0
lol it's usually something not technical at all that's not making your phone work as it should and is something simple like you found out.

Similar to the GPS on my dhd. Was months trying to figure out what was wrong and why it wouldn't work. Turns out it was my protective case preventing it from getting a satellite lock on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones