1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wireless teather for root users

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by casper604, Jul 12, 2013.

1. casper604

casper604 Newbie

I've been trying to teather with my cm eco v. I can get it turned on but it says failed to activate WiFi. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using the stock room from the newbie guide to rooting . Does that rom support teathering?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FoxyDrew

FoxyDrew Android Enthusiast

It should if you're rooted. However I always had problems with the wifi tether app. So you can try Barnacle, that always works for me.

3. casper604

casper604 Newbie

I am rooted and all. Barnacle does not work for some reason says I don't have root access which is funny cuz I've already gave it su privileges. I have not find a single free teather that works. Wireless for root is just the one that comes closest.

4. colossus3874

colossus3874 Well-Known Member

Also check to make sure of the settings. I'm on Harmonia and it works for me. Make sure the device profile is set as Generic ICS/JB (wlan0) and make sure the routing fix box is checked. If there is still a problem, try checking the WiFi-driver reload box. Works flawlessly for me

5. FoxyDrew

It could be something with the stock ROM, I don't have much experience with it myself so maybe you should try a different ROM. Plus it will boost the performance.

6. casper604

casper604 Newbie

Any rom that you would suggest and possibly a link to get to an explanation on how to switch to it?

7. FoxyDrew

Yup assuming your S-ON I would recommend Mobster Remix. Its really nice and runs smoothly. There's a list of instructions on how to flash in the OP.

However if you want to keep a somewhat stock ROM, or just want to keep sense Harmonia is always a good choice.

And if you do happen to be S-OFF Angry bean is great.

8. casper604

casper604 Newbie

I am still s on for now. Shorting something in my phone just makes me nervous so I'll try that one for now.

9. casper604

casper604 Newbie

i flashed mobster remix. and although i like the way its set up i lost my 4 g compatablility. flash back to stock rom for now till i find something better that works for wireless teather.

10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

As has been posted numerous times, you're not shorting anything, what the wire trick does is it takes a pull down resistor low allowing the phone to enter an engineering state. It took some smart people to figure out this undocumented way to get write access to the emmc, but that hole isn't there just by accident. :D:rolleyes:
    OB

FoxyDrew likes this.
  11. FoxyDrew

I had no idea thats what it did?

And yes exactly S-OFF is pretty much no risk with great benefits!

12. casper604

casper604 Newbie

Apparently I just didn't read into it enough. Thanks for the info. I got the teather to work but my comp can't actually do anything once connected.

13. FoxyDrew

Which tether app are you using

oh and just btw its tether*

14. casper604

casper604 Newbie

its just tether came with the Harmonia rom.

15. casper604

casper604 Newbie

got it to work now just need to try it on my xbox. that is my main goal. i want to usb tether to my x box so i can get on x box live.

16. casper604

casper604 Newbie

No luck x box won't register is there

17. casper604

casper604 Newbie

Bought the WiFi adapter for the xbox and now I can play live no problem