• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wireless teather local conection only

Kesosip

Lurker
May 18, 2011
Have searched the forum for this problem but the only post i found deals with wireless teather never getting the internet and local conection.

I am conecting fine, and i am able to browse for a while, however if the phones screen turns off or after some time I loose conection to the internet and only have a local conection. I tried useing an older version of wireless teather and that didnt solve it!

If i continue to have this issue im going to be stuck paying sprint the extra money because i need a reliable connection!

Have searched the forum for this problem but the only post i found deals with wireless teather never getting the internet and local conection.

I am conecting fine, and i am able to browse for a while, however if the phones screen turns off or after some time I loose conection to the internet and only have a local conection. I tried useing an older version of wireless teather and that didnt solve it!

If i continue to have this issue im going to be stuck paying sprint the extra money because i need a reliable connection!

are you rooted? which app are you using?

Upvote 0
this defintiely should be moved to the root subforum

can you supply us with more details like your rom and kernel. I have had this issue on some roms but typically only roms with unlocked sprint tether and 2.3 roms

in some cases...menu.settings.application.manage apps. clear cache and data for wireless tether then uninstall it

reinstall from the market

MAKE SURE titanium isn't restoring your old version of wifi tether :D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones