1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Wireless tether for remote users

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by umrico, Mar 18, 2010.

1. umrico

umrico Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I installed fresh-cdma-hero-2.0b2. Wireless tether for remote users is not working for me. I would like to use this program. I am able to get the laptop to see and connect to the phone. But the laptop cannot ping or browse out to the internet. I have security disabled (WEP) as I read that it doesnt work. I have tried it with access control on and off to no resolution. I have tried it in Windows and in OSX without any luck. Could someone tell me what the trick is? I tried with what the Fresh image came with which I think is wireless_tether_2_0-pre7.apk and I also downloaded and tried pre8.

Can anyone assist or offer guidance? I've searched multiple forums over the last 3 days but haven't found any solid solutions at all.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Washington
    not trying to be a dick or anything but did you try searching for answers before you made 3 threads? or maybe put all 3 questions in 1 thread?

3. swapped

swapped Member

Mar 5, 2010
    ditto on searching. try 1.6 it worked for me!!!!

4. umrico

umrico Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I am not trying to be a dick either...as for the apps2SD, I do not want to make a mistake so yes, I am asking for help/hand holding if you will. Yes I search and have been reading stuff for days and was able to root my phone and install 2.1 w/o issue. Had it all done and made one mistake at the end of programming my last apps in and had to start over again (which royally sucked @$$). Asking a question is not stupid but not asking one is...

As for asking 3 questions in one thread, as I am sure you know, questions are bound to get lost and skipped over and the subject wont be relative and hence yes, I chose to make separate threads.

If you know where I can find the information I am asking for then please point me to it. If you have knowledge and experience of what I asked for, by all means share it. Yes I know where the main apps2SD thread is but I did not find it overly useful.

Thanks!

5. umrico

umrico Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Wireless tether for root 1.6? or you referring to android 1.6? not sure what your referring to can you expand a bit?

Thanks!

Tags: