• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless Tether Force Closing

Traviswf

May 16, 2010
So I've been using Fresh 2.3.3, and everything is working great. However, Wireless Tether won't start. Whenever I use it - it force closes. This is actually the first time I think I've tried it. I don't remember ever using it on the earlier version of Fresh rom I had.

This only seems to happen when trying to connect through bluetooth. I can start the program, access the menu and settings and all of that - but as soon as I press on the big green wi-fi icon to start tethering - it force closes. The USB mode seems to work fine... but I need to use bluetooth mode.

Is there a trick to this? Or a conflict anyone knows about?

I would like to bump this post, I am seeing the exact same issue. I remember getting bluetooth to work one time after I had installed 2.3.3 but I have yet to replicate the functioning results. I have nandroided back to my original fresh install and am now completing a full re-install of Fresh and waiting to see what happens now.

Update:
After installing a 100% New Fresh 2.3.3 I still receive Force Close when trying to start the Bluetooth tethering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones