1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root wireless tether is not working for me, help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ssddyakno, Jul 15, 2010.

1. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Sales
    Los Angeles, CA
    i have already tried that download. Still not working. It's working with Mac's and Windows XP and 7. Won't connect on my Vista machine. This sucks, I guess I can always spend the $100 and upgrade to 7 or just use PDANet wired. Thought is was pretty cool to have a wifi modem though.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    You tried all the workaround mentioned in this thread and still a no go? If so, try an earlier version. Pre-7 seemed to be one that worked for damn near any situation.

3. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Sales
    Los Angeles, CA
    I tried all of the workarounds and just tried Pre-7 with no luck. My wife says I have a metal plate in my head and technology doesn't work for me :)

4. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    I keep getting stuck at .4kb download and .1kb upload?
    Any ideas?

5. lump

lump Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    So. Cal.
    I found this fix for my problem over at XDA

Y5 - Battery Saver application breaks Android Wifi Tether
    by amcfarla [​IMG]
    I wanted to let everyone know since I spent an evening trying to figure this out. My android wifi tether stopped working on my EVO 4G, when I would turn on the wifi access point it was say "Tethering started with errors. Please check the log files." Looking at the log files it says starting access-point failed. I was not sure what it was but after disabling the application Y5 Battery Saving my android wifi tether started working. This application was on the lifehacker blog as a lifehacker tip on 9/20/2010. So if anyone installed that and noticed their wifi tether stopped working, that would be the reason.

shameless likes this.
  6. hishama

hishama Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2013
    please i have the same problem with my phone Samsung GT-S5300 and laptop Del windows xp. please tell me what to do

7. pryma

pryma Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2013
    Hello there hishama. I had this problem ealier. I was able to get internet but it was extremely slow. I came home and found these posts and read them all. Hope you did the same. Anyways, this is what i did and it worked well.

On this thread go back to post #87 and follow the last steps .

instead of using the pre pak they mentioned in that post i grabbed the most recent prepak.. that should do it man. Just follow the steps they mentioned but use the most curent apk of wifi tether.

remember to create a folder named androidtether in your SD card. Then insert both the APK and the .BIN files in there. you can do that using the usb or sd card reader.

once that is done go to your settings and allow appliactions of unknown sources.

once that is done.... go to your files folder, go to androidtether folder you just created with both the apk and bin files, select the apk file to install.

once that is done turn off you wifi and yor 3g network.

once i did that opened the application and selected encryption over wifi.

start the application and thats it.

Now if it still does not work... turn it off.. maybe even hard boot your phone by taking the battery out and waiting 10 seconds.

Next go back and turn off your wifi but now instead of turning off your 3g .. leave it on..

go back to wifi tether and run it and that should do it. Mine is working flawlessly. Hope this helps.

also just so all of you know.. this is what im running for my phone specs.
    I have samsung galxy precedent from straight talk.. with flashed rom to areaRom2.3
    2gig sd-ext with a whopping 1.8 gigs of inernal storage. kernel 2.6.35.7

. wifi_tether_v3_3-pre2.apk