• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wireless Tether Problem?

zx7

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Hi, how is everyone? Nice forum here, I already picked up some good tips but am having a lot of problems with my droid. I will start with the tethering issue.

I have mine done with smoked glass and it has the wireless tether installed. It will open and my computer will sync up with it either secured or unsecured and then you will see a several seconds flash of bytes in and out and then the kbps will drop down to 0 and I will be unable to connect to the internet.

I have read that newer versions may solve the problem and that if I dont have my ordinal sd card in, it might be the problem since the info may be needed? I did try copying those folders onto this card but still no good. The nandroid one to be exact. If the only option is to remove this tether and install a new apk one, how do I that? I cant seem to find it? Thanks for you help.

Hi, how is everyone? Nice forum here, I already picked up some good tips but am having a lot of problems with my droid. I will start with the tethering issue.

I have mine done with smoked glass and it has the wireless tether installed. It will open and my computer will sync up with it either secured or unsecured and then you will see a several seconds flash of bytes in and out and then the kbps will drop down to 0 and I will be unable to connect to the internet.

I have read that newer versions may solve the problem and that if I dont have my ordinal sd card in, it might be the problem since the info may be needed? I did try copying those folders onto this card but still no good. The nandroid one to be exact. If the only option is to remove this tether and install a new apk one, how do I that? I cant seem to find it? Thanks for you help.

Try uninstalling it and just installing Wireless tether from the market.
There's also another app calles aNetshare, but i dont hink it's in the market.
Do a search for it. I really liked it. Dont have it currently on my new phone thoguh

Reactions: zx7
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I hate to dig up an old post, but I'm experiencing problems tethering too. I thought it has something to do with the encryption so I disabled that. It seems to work only at random. Anyone have and ideas?
On my Droid Eris, I discovered that Wireless Tether works with one Wi-Fi adapter (an IBM 4965AGN) but only intermittently with a Realtek adapter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones