• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wireless tether / unrevoked issue

Hey,
So I have had my evo for a week and absolutely love it. I had installed the unrevoked app as a means to use the free wireless tether app.
When I let my phone update yesterday, I noticed that the tether no longer functioned. I kept getting the prompt that root access is required.
I uninstalled and reinstalled both the unrevoked and wireless tether apps, the same way as initially. Unfortunately, the wireless tether still can't tether.
Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get back this functionality? I sincerely appreciate the help!

This a known issue. If you go to unrevoked site, I think they have a fix for it although it will require full "true" root. I do not think they have the "easy root" method working just yet. Somebody had a link to take you step by step if you want...look in the root part of this forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones