1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wireless tether wont work, im z4 rooted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Quick94LT1, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Quick94LT1

Quick94LT1 Lurker

I rooted my droid x with the z4 one button root and when I installed the wireless tether it doesent think im rooted, what do I do? Is there a setting I don't know about?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. swaldrop

swaldrop Member

Just had this happen to me last night on both mine and my wife's phones. Both times, when attempting to tether, I was met with a message asking if I was rooted. All I did was exit out and try again and it worked on both.

Give that a shot and maybe even try a battery pull. That seems to work wonders for quite a few things.

3. Quick94LT1

Quick94LT1 Lurker

Pulled the battery and rerooted and still no success

4. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert

get barnacle wifi tether, the other one doesnt work for me either

5. Empress Leo

Empress Leo Lurker

I just got a Cr48 on Friday and I'm wondering about rooting too. I've never done anything like it before so I'm a complete n00b to it all and am looking for the easiest way possible to do it. Like the one-click rooting methods. I'm so afraid of messing up my phone but I'd like to know that I'll have some kind of connection available so I can be connected on the go as well. I could have someone do it for me as I know a couple of people but honestly, I want to learn to do these things myself. I always try to figure out and search for a fix myself unless it's just way beyond my ability.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews