1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Wireless Tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Maceman121, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Maceman121

Maceman121 Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Ok, I know that this seems to be a common topic, and I have been reading through many forums about it, but I cannot seem to find the answer I am after. Here is the situation. I rooted my phone, installed Wireless Tether (newest non test version) and sat back all proud of myself. Went downstairs, tested my wife's computer on it and worked without issues. As a matter of fact, I am using it right now as how I am posting here :). Problem is, my computer and a friend's cannot connect to the internet. They will both connect to the phone, though sometimes they say it is unidentified completely, others just enough to block internet. Either way, I checked for a wireless card update, and had none, and I rebooted both phone and computer to test. I even went so far as to set a Static IP and DNS based identically off my wife's computer that was connected to the phone and net (I disconnected the wife before starting my connection of course), but still nothing.

My computer is the one I used to Root my phone, runs Vista x64
    My wife uses Windows 7 x64.

Any thoughts why some will work, and some not? This is really frustrating me as I take my computer to class and would love to work the internet on it (hence why I rooted my phone).

And my wireless internet works fine on my computer when using my home internet. Everything is Dynamic right now (like my wife's), so it is not that my computer has a bad wireless card as far as I know.

Advertisement

2. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    You could try a different program like Barnacle.
    Barnacle is free also and seems to work better for me.