• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wireless tethering with froyo...

xorez

Jun 21, 2010
So now that most of us have froyo...how are we going to get free wireless tethering? The included 3g hotspot is not free...do we need to root the phone again? is froyo rooted yet? since i've never rooted in the first place I don't know if the process is any different.

Ok does anyone with any sense want to provide some input? If that person wants to pay for unlimited internet and then fork out another $30/mo to use that same internet on their laptop then have at it but I wont be doing that.

For the record, Verizon gives the palm pre a FREE hotspot. While they expect the rest of us to fork over money for it.

Upvote 0
Paying for what you use? We are already paying for unlimited data service. Why should we have to pay more?

If they don't want to actually give us unlimited data than don't sell it that way.

You are paying for unlimited data service for your smartphone, not for every computer with a wireless connection.

If you were selling an all you can eat plan for smartphones, how would you market it? What would you call it?

Upvote 0
Ok does anyone with any sense want to provide some input? If that person wants to pay for unlimited internet and then fork out another $30/mo to use that same internet on their laptop then have at it but I wont be doing that.

For the record, Verizon gives the palm pre a FREE hotspot. While they expect the rest of us to fork over money for it.

I love the "but the other guy is getting it!" argument. Please.

The Palm Pre wasn't selling worth a hoot, so they tossed that in to sweeten the pot.

You can always buy a Pre if you want free tethering, or you can risk getting busted by VZW and pay them a nickel a MB when they total it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones